Kismat

Sameer stood at his window... the night had covered everything in darkness... but he didn't see the darkness, all he could see were the twinkling stars... shining bright... making the night beautiful.

Naina had similarly sprinkled the brightness in his life. He was indeed lucky... to meet such a beautiful soul... to be a part of her life.

He closed his eyes... a contented smile on his lips... Naina had voiced her feelings today, she had said those magical words to him... and she had hugged him.

Sameer could still feel the softness of her delicate body... how perfectly she had fit in his embrace, her arms tightening around him... Her head had rested right under his chin, and he had experienced the luxurious feel of her hair, he had smelt her shampoo... her fragrance had filled his mind... it still lingered there.

His arms itched to feel her again. He took a deep breath and lied down on the bed... waiting for morning to see her beautiful face again.

Naina was sitting in front of the mirror, combing her hair, lost in thoughts. Her eyes became moist again, thinking about Sameer's childhood. She could visualize a small boy sitting in a dark room, face wet with tears. How he would have coped up with his fears... with his loneliness?  Her heart went out to him... and she wanted to gather him in her arms and rub his back, telling him that he'll never be alone again... she'll be with him... forever.

And suddenly she was shy, recalling her tight hug... she had held him so tight... like she would never let him go... but then, she won't. She looked at herself in the mirror and closed her eyes.

"Thank you bhagwanji, Sameer ko meri zindagi me laane ke liye", she joined  her hands in prayer.

And went to bed, dreaming about him.

Next day, as the classes for the day got over, Naina got up to leave when Sameer crossed her, stopping for a moment to whisper in her ear, " Canteen".

He was gone before she could ask anything. She picked up her bag and slowly walked to the canteen.

Sameer was seated alone. She went and pulled the chair opposite him.

"Aaj canteen aane ka plan kyon?" She was curious.

Sameer gave a smile, "Tumhe treat deni hai"

Naina narrowed her eyes, " Treat?  Kis baat ki? "

His smile turned mischievous, "Woh baad mein bataunga... shaam ko".

Naina tried to rack her brain to think of a possible reason but nothing occured to her. She again raised her eyebrows at him.

Sameer ignored her question and asked, " Yeh batao kya khaogi? "

Naina decided to go with the flow,
"Pao bhaji... aur cola."

Sameer went to the counter and came back shortly with pao bhaji, sandwich and one cola.

"Tum nahi piyoge? " Naina asked, seeing only one bottle.

"Umm... dekhenge", he forwarded her plate of pao bhaji.

They started eating. Sameer observed how much Naina relished her food, taking few sips of her drink in between. Suddenly he started coughing. Naina instantly came to him and rubbed his back,
" Sameer kya hua... dheere, dheere khao na... ek minute", she looked around for water, and finding none, picked up the bottle of cola and made him have  a few sips. The coughing stopped. Naina, standing next to him, was worried, "Abhi theek lag raha hai? "

He smiled at her, "Haan, abhi sab theek hai, itni meethi cola jo pila di tumne", he winked.

Naina's eyes went wide. She could see his plan now... and her cheeks were coloured.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें