Idea

Next day being Sunday, Naina decided to wash her clothes which were piling up for a week now. After oiling her hair, she tied them in a high bun on her head.

Washing of clothes took half an hour... she brought them all to her balcony, spreading them on the stand after carefully wringing out the excess water.

Satisfied, she wiped her face with the sleeve of her suit. It was time for a bath, her hair were ready to be shampooed.

By the time it was all done, she was feeling hungry, realising that it was lunch time.

Lunch on Sundays was usually a gravy with rice, along with raita. Naina, being extremely fond of rice, thoroughly enjoyed her meal.

A phone call from home cheered her up even more. When chachiji came to know the amount of money Naina was being given, she was worried, asking her to tie a black thread around her ankle to ward off any evil eye casting its spell. Knowing that the girls did not believe in all this, she made Naina promise that she would do it right away.

Getting back to her room, Naina fulfilled her promise, only for chachiji... she herself had no such belief.

The time after that was given to working on the creation of episodes for the show. She got completely absorbed in it and had two episodes ready by late evening, when it was time to go and meet Sameer.

She combed her freshly shampooed hair, leaving them open, knowing fully well that they won't remain tied up for long even if she tried.
Going through the dresses she had, for today, she chose a top in black. It had full sleeves in net. She had never worn it before. Pairing it with blue skirt with a print of tiny flowers, she was ready.

Sameer had a long day with nothing to do... most of the boys had gone out for a movie. They had asked him but he refused, not wanting to get late to meet Naina. And now, he had been waiting... Naina was late today. He was feeling grumpy, planning to get annoyed with her today... pretend to be annoyed... he smiled, knowing that getting angry with her would never happen.

Hearing some sound, he realised she was here. To carry on his plan, he sat with his hands around knees, looking ahead, with a grim face.

Naina reached him, standing quietly, waiting for him to see her.  But Sameer did not move.

"Sameer", she called out softly.

Her voice melted him... but controlling himself, he remained quiet.

Her heart was now filled with fear, "Kuch hua hai kya, Sameer? Tum baat kyon nahi kar rahe?"

"Kyonki main guss... " The words died in his throat as he half turned.

He gaped open mouthed... Naina stood there in a new outfit... black transparent sleeves, hair flying, she was glowing... as his eyes travelled down, he saw a black thread on her delicate ankle.

"Tum... tum kya, Sameer?" She waited for him to complete his sentence.

He gulped, the resolve of showing anger slipping away.

She stood wrenching her fingers nervously, waiting...

He got up, going towards her, "Gussa hun... tumse... late aayi ho."

His voice did not match his words. The softness had no trace of annoyance.

Naina relaxed, her tension gone as she saw through his pretence.

"Oh! Toh aaj tum gussa ho?" She asked, raising her brows.

He nodded.

"Manana padega?" She said softly.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें