Choice

Naina held onto him for support, opening her eyes to gaze into his. She couldn't step away. His eyes were dark... and warm... at the same time. She could not even look away.

His one hand went around her, resting in small of her back. Slowly, he traced the line of her spine till the neck. His fingertips barely touched her skin but it was enough to make her tremble.

"Tumhe aise dekhna mera ek sapna tha... pata nahi tha itni jaldi poora ho jayega." His words against her ear were not helping either.

"Aaj itni door rahi ho subah se uski kami poori karni padegi na." His hand was now in her hair.

Sameer bent his face, she turned hers the same moment... his lips landed on her cheek.

He looked back at her, "Naina?"

His hands were igniting something inexplicable in her... she wanted him to go on... wanted to ease the knot in her belly... wanted to dull the ache in her limbs... wanted to know what she was yearning for... wanted an answer to her frustration...

She didn't have words to describe her feelings... his warmth, his touch, his masculine fragrance, the glint in his eyes... everything was melting her into a puddle. All she wanted was to fly into his arms and forget everything.

But it was not possible... she could not let herself start something she wouldn't be able to control.

"Main... main change karke aati hun." She moved to her side.

He caught the slender wrist, "Kahan? Aise bahar jaogi?"

His words brought her mind back to functioning position... she didn't have a place to change, with him in the room... and she couldn't step out in the corridor in his shirt.

Her feet remained frozen at the spot. Sameer stepped in front of her, taking her hands in his.

"Naina, tum ek tarah se biwi ho meri... maana hamari shaadi abhi adhuri hai par hum aise anjaan bhi nahi hain ek dusre se jo tum yun bhag rahi ho... main ek pal ke liye bhi tumse alag nahi reh pata fir bhi apne aap ko rok ke rakhta hun jisse tumhe kuch galat na lage... lekin tumhe aise dekhke mera dil kaabu mein nahi hai... Naina, tum soch bhi nahi sakti  apne sapnon ki tasveer ko apne saamne aise hakikat mein dekhna mere dil pe kya asar kar raha hai... ek toh saare din ki doori aur ab tumhara aise mera shirt pehen ke mere saamne aana... main kaise rokun khud ko... kya tumhare kareeb aana itna galat hoga? Bas thoda sa kareeb aana? Main jaanta hun humein abhi uss din ka intezaar karna hai jab tum mere ghar mein dulhan banke aaogi par kya zaraa sa bhi ahsaas nahi dila sakta tumhe ki mere dil mein tumhare liye kitne armaan hain? Kya tum nahi bata sakti mujhe ki tumhara dil kya kehta hai jab main tumhare kareeb aata hun? Ek baar apni yeh jhijhak chod ke toh dekho... main tumhara apna hun... kabhi kabhi tum aisa ahsaas dilati ho jaise uss din library mein... aur kabhi kabhi mujhe lagta hai main tumhari marzi ke bina tumhe choo raha hun... Naina, main aisa soch bhi nahi sakta... agar tum mana kar dogi toh main ek ungali bhi nahi lagne dunga tumhe hamari shaadi hone tak... lekin agar tum bhi meri tarah apne dil mein ek toofan mehsoos karti ho toh khud aake mere gale lag jao... agar tum aage nahi aaogi toh main chup chap yahan se chala jaunga... aur haan... uska matlab yeh nahi hoga ki main tumse gussa hun... mera pyaar waisa hi rahega... main tumhare liye kitna bhi intezaar kar sakta hun... lekin tumhari haan sabse pehle hai mere liye... ab tumhare haath mein hai yeh faisla."

He took a few steps back, standing near the balcony door.

Naina had felt his every single word touch her heart... his honesty, his sincerity, his candour... he had opened his heart to her.

Was he for real? She wondered how he could just step back... the darkening of his eyes, quickening of his breath, his touch... everything conveyed his desire... yet he left the choice to her... could she take a decision... could she ask him to move away when she herself craved his touch, his warmth... could she let him leave?

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें