Success

After their lunch of Maggie, they sat together for some more time, talking about the movie.

"Naina, tere ghar wale tumhari shaadi ke liye maan jayenge na?" Sonali suddenly asked.

"Mere chachaji aur chachiji toh jaante hain humare baare mein... Sameer unhe pasand hai... unhe koi aitraaz nahi hai..." Naina hesitated to go further.

"Aur teri woh taiji? Fir jaisa tu apne papa ke baare mein batati hai, mujhe darr lagta hai unke gusse ka sunke... woh maan jayenge?"

Naina and Sameer looked at each other.

"Shuru mein nahi maane toh hum sab kuch karenge unki haan ke liye... taiji ka pata nahi par Naina ke papa ka maanna zaruri hai." Sameer pressed her hand in assurance.

"Papa se baat karna aasan nahi hoga, Sameer... tum jaante nahi ho unhe. " Her voice was laden with fear.

"Pata hai aasan nahi hoga... school ke do saalon mein ek baar bhi unke chehre pe smile nahi dekhi maine... woh iss hoshiyaar chand se kam thodi hain." Sameer winked, referring to the character of the movie they had just seen.

Naina glared at him.

"Sameer, tu bhi apne sasurji ko apne ghar le aana... shayad pighal jaayein." Rahul suggested.

Sameer gave him a shocked look, "Woh aur main ek ghar mein? Yeh duniya ka aathwa ajuba ho jayega... mera chatees ka aankda hai unse... mujhe dekhte hi phool jhadte hain unke muh se... ek din bhi unke saath rehna pada toh main shayad sanyas hi le lun Naina se shaadi karne ki jagah."

"Sameer ke bachche, tum mere samne mere papa ke liye aise bol rahe ho," Naina hit him with a cushion as Sonali and Rahul sniggered.

"Yeh lo, ab hitler ko hitler hi bolunga na... ismein gussa hone ki kya baat hai?" He said matter of factly.

"Jao main baat nahi karungi tumse... tum sanyas hi le lo." Naina turned her back to him.

"Abhi toh mana kiya tumne sanyasi banne ke liye." He huffed.

Naina turned to face him, puzzled, "Maine kab mana kiya?"

"Tumne kaha na Sameer ke bachche... ab bachche kahan se aayenge agar maine sanyas liya toh... isliye sanyas lena cancel." He shifted closer to her.

Naina took a few seconds to understand, and when she did, the unmistakable streak of crimson coloured her entire face.

"Kya baat hai, Sameer... tumne do minute mein Naina ko laal kar diya... main hamesha isse puchti thi ki Sameer akhir kaisi baatein karta hai kyonki tum humare samne kuch bolte hi nahi the... ab jaake pata chala tumhara naam lene se hi Naina ke chehre ka rang kyon badal jaata hai." Sonali was enjoying the sweet, naughty exchange between the two.

It was Sameer's turn to blush as he realised he had teased her like this in front of their friends.

"Arre tu kyon ladkiyon ki tarah sharma raha hai... sahi toh kaha hai... jaise hum dost hain aise humare bachche bhi dost honge toh planning toh karni padegi na." Rahul pulled Sonali closer to him as he winked.

It was after sunset that Sameer and Naina left for the hostel, bidding goodbye to their friends. Rahul insisted again that they stay for another day but Sameer recalled Naina's words and refused.

"Aaj tum fir se aise baithi ho?" Sameer asked when they hit the road, not happy with Naina not sitting cross legged behind him.

"Sameer, har suit mein nahi baith sakti waise." She moved closer to his ear.

He made a disappointed face at her in the rear view mirror.

By the time they reached college, it was already dark. With a sigh, Sameer said good night to her as she entered her building, going back to his room with heavy steps. As he sat back on the bed, holding the pillow clutched to his chest, he was lost in the memories of the time they spent in Rahul's house. It was unbelievable and unforgettable... He had not expected Naina to be this comfortable with him and his demands. The way she gave in to every request, showing the tremendous faith she had in him, moved him to the core. The simple, quiet, shy Naina had stayed with him in one room the whole night... knowingly... on his insistence...

He shuddered at the thought of his intoxicated state... what if he had eaten more of those damned chocolates... he could have slept the whole night, not even aware of her presence with him.

"Ab se kuch bhi khane se pehle padh lunga uspe kya likha hai." He promised himself.

He didn't come to know when he drifted off to sleep, still holding the pillow close to him... his Naina pillow.

Sleep was not that easy for Naina. The loneliness of her room after staying in their friends' house was making her gloomy. Somehow, staying there did not feel like it was someone else's house... there was a feeling of belonging, an affinity with  everything... Sonali and Rahul made them feel like it was their own house... Sameer was right when he called it 'ghar jaisa'... it was indeed being at home.

And this feeling of comfort gave her the courage to be with Sameer in his room... the moments they spent together gave her goosebumps now as she thought about them. What seemed so natural then was something she would have never thought herself to be capable of doing... but the love for him made it feel so right... she knew how much he valued each step that she took towards him, overcoming her inhibitions... and his resolve for the distance that needed to be maintained was commendable... with every closeness they shared, her regard and respect for him grew enormously... so did her love...

She could never be grateful enough for the love that she received from him... wondering what she must have done to deserve someone like him. His yearning for a home and a family tore out her heart... and she promised herself that very soon she'll fulfill his need and give him the environment of a cosy home where he gets all the love and warmth that he craved for... that he had received only when he stayed with his nanu... for a short span of two years.

"Tumhare dil mein jo kona khali hai, Sameer, usse main jaldi hi bhar dungi... main, tum, pyar, parivaar... yeh saare shabd alag alag nahi rahenge... in sabka ek hi matlab hoga... hum..."

The next few weeks were spent with the books. The pressure of upcoming exams and the need to do well in final year again made Naina push Sameer towards studies. He willingly gave in, devoting his time to their library sessions. He studied till late night in his room, preparing for the chapters they would cover together the next day in the library. When Naina started with a new chapter and he showed off his understanding, she felt extremely proud and happy. Sonali and Rahul joined them during college hours and the four of them were well prepared for the exams as the time neared.

"Sun Naina, agle hafte hamari farewell party hai... socha hai kya pehenegi?" Sonali asked one day as they were sitting in the canteen after three continuous lectures.

"Farewell pe toh saree hi pehente hain." Naina said.

"Mere paas toh bohot saari saariyan hain par tere paas yahan nahi hongi na... agar chahe toh meri koi pehen sakti hai." Sonali offered.

"Main nayee lene ka soch rahi hun. Hamare show ke 50 episodes bhi farewell ke kuch dino mein poore ho rahe hain jiske liye party hai... wahan main saree pehen ke jaana chahti hun... iss sunday ko try karte hain, theek hai, Sameer?" She looked at him.

Sameer gladly agreed for the shopping trip.

"Tumhara show sach mein bohot achha hai... hum roz dekhte hain." Rahul was genuinely impressed with the content of the show.

Sameer looked at her proudly.

"Haan Naina, mujhe itni khushi hoti hai jab hamare saamne koi aas paas ke log tere show ki tareef karte hain... main toh bade garv se unko batati hun ki jisne likha hai woh meri behen hai." Sonali's eyes were shining.

The open praise elated Naina as much as it thrilled Sameer for the recognition she was getting.

The new year had begun on a great note for Naina. The short film on women achievers had brought her to the notice of many journalists who approached her for interview, though she refused presently for any interview. Still her name had started to become popular in the social circles.

Her show had opened in the beginning of the year and it was received well. With the passage of time, its viewership continued to increase. The positive response made the channel recognise her even more on various platforms. The Principal had also called Naina to her office and congratulated her.

I have not been well since yesterday so please excuse for the short update.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें