Expression

As the last of students left, Sameer tilted his head slightly to look at Naina. She still sat in the same position, staring at an open book.

"Class khatam ho gayi, Naina," he said in a low voice.

She pursed her lips, to hide their quivering, and closed the books.

Sameer got up to move out from the desk... and Naina did not wait to keep the books back. Holding them in her hand, she quickly slipped past him, before he turned fully in her direction.

This time, Sameer was quicker. He held her wrist, stopping her in her tracks.

"Chalo mere saath," he said in a firm voice, not allowing her a say.

Naina walked along him to the library... he held onto her wrist gently but not letting the grip loosen even for a moment. They kept the distance minimum between them... to make it look like a normal walk together.

She showed the first sign of surprise when he crossed the library, going towards the staircase.

"Sameer yeh..." She murmured.

"Shh..." He shushed her, without looking in her direction, going up the steps.

Naina followed him, having no other option. Once they reached the terrace, he brought her far from the door, then turned and bolted it, not leaving any chance for her to run away.

When he turned towards her, she was facing the other side. He walked upto her slowly...

Naina was in a mess. She had the same twisting feeling inside her stomach that she felt before exams... only, multiplied many times. Her palms were damp with sweat.

Sameer placed his hands on her shoulders... and she stilled. Yes, he was close now... her heartbeat plummeted as he slowly turned her to face him.

Naina closed her eyes.

Sameer saw her face gone almost white... and her eyes shut. She clutched the sides of her dress, bunching it up in tight fists.

He gently brought his arms around her, giving and taking the much needed comfort. Her hands did not leave their position.

He waited, to feel her arms around him... but she stood holding her dress on both sides. He stepped away a little, hands closing over her fists. With his thumb, he opened her palms. He held the delicate wrists and brought her hands to encircle himself.

Feeling the hesitation in her movement, he cupped her face, tilting it up.

"Naina, meri taraf dekho." His voice was soft.

She continued to take short breaths, eyes still closed.

He gently kissed her forehead, urging, "Aankhen kholo."

She swallowed, opening her eyes slowly, not able to look at him straight. Her eyes were fixed at a point on his neck, near the collarbone. She had to keep her lower lip under the teeth to stop its quivering.

He pushed her face further up, "I Love You, Naina."

She shot a look at him.

He nodded, "Pehle se bhi zyaada."

She continued to gaze at him for a few moments. His eyes showed the love he confessed... his features were soft, a gentle smile played on his lips.

She lowered her eyes, along with her face.

Sameer again lifted her face, "Jab Rahul ki shaadi mein maine tumhe woh nishan diya tha na, toh mujhe baad mein laga ki maine bohot galat kiya hai... gussa aaya khud pe... darr lagne laga ki tum pata nahi mere baare mein kya sochogi... par tumne kuch nahi kaha... kyon? Jab main uss din tumhare kamre mein aaya tha toh maine woh nishan dekhne ki koshish ki... tumne bina soche woh mujhe dikha diya... mujhe laga tum shayad meri iss baat se naraz hogi... par tumne aisa nahi kiya... kyon? Jab maine tumhare dil pe kiss kiya tha tab laga ki tum shayad thappad hi laga dogi... par tumne toh uske baare mein kuch bola hi nahi... kyon?"

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें