Rahul

In the previous update, one mistake was left out in editing... After Naina and Preeti's conversation, when Sameer gets up, picking the used plates, the word is "Chalein" and not "Challenge"... Sorry for the error, I have corrected it now.

And thanks to JyotzNayak for making me realise my mistake.

"Sameer yeh... ", Naina uttered when she found her voice.

" Haan",  he said before she could finish, turning off the song.

"Kya", she was perplexed.

" Haan... tumhare sawal ka jawab", Sameer was still smiling, enjoying the confusion on Naina's face.

"Konsa sawal?"

"Haan... main tumhe dost manta hun... sabse achchi... sabse karibi dost maanta hun", He said in a low voice, taking small steps towards her, one hand in pocket and the other holding the recorder.

Naina was rooted to the spot. She kept looking at Sameer, wide eyed.

He was so close... she could just raise her hand and touch his face, feel the light shadow of his stubble, reach his forehead and touch the tension lines, which were lighter now... but still there, push aside his silky locks, almost falling into his eyes... or even place her hand on his chest and feel his heartbeat... Was it as fast as hers?  She was deafened by the sound of her own...damn  sure that he could hear it.

Sameer took out his hand from the pocket and held a chocolate for her, " A gift for someone... jo dost hai. "

Naina saw her own face reflecting in his eyes... nothing else registered.

"Naina, chocolate nahi chahiye?" Sameer teased her, lightly touching the bar to her chin.

Naina's breath hitched... she quickly grabbed the chocolate and turned her back to him, closing her eyes. Everything was happening too fast... she wanted to believe what she saw in his eyes... but it all was like a dream.

"Kahin sapna to nahi dekh rahi?", She pinched her arm, and hissed, as she felt the pain.

Sameer was still standing right behind her... too close for comfort. She took a few steps forward... and turned.

Meeting his gaze was not easy... but she managed to look at him, " Thank you... chocolate ke liye bhi... aur dosti ke liye bhi."

He made a face, "Dosti ke usool nahi jaanti kya?"

"Dosti mein no sorry no thank you", they both said together and laughed.

As they settled down with their back to the tree, Sameer asked, " Naina, ek baat puchun? "

"Har baar permission kya maangte ho, pucho na? " She gave him a look of mock anger.

He smiled at her cute expression, "Tumne kaha tha na main tumhare liye lucky hun... to batao kal humare milne se tumhare saath kya achcha hua? "

She was surprised that he remembered what she had said the other day, not aware how her one sentence had given him a lease of life... a new reason to live... and love.

"Kal to sabse bada faayda hua", she said delightfully.

Seeing his raised eyebrows, she continued, " Maggi khane ko mili na",  and he laughed again.

He was himself surprised how easily she could make him laugh... how, without any effort, she made him feel alive... last few days that he had spent with her were the best days in the past three months. The darkness around him was making way for the light of contentment that he felt within.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें