Thoughts

Preeti came out of the parlour and saw Naina waiting for her. She looked around... Sameer was at the end of the street, sitting in his car. She smiled at him... he would never leave until he saw Preeti joining Naina... any other man would just drop and go, but not Sameer. In fact, he would keep watching till the sisters would board the rickshaw.

And he did... driving back once the rickshaw left.

Naina gave the packet she was holding to Preeti, "Ye apne bag me neeche rakhle... chupa ke."

Preeti adjusted it at the bottom of her bag, giving a questioning look to her sister.

"Ghar jaake bataungi", Naina gave a mysterious smile, increasing Preeti's curiosity.

"Achha bata jijaji ko gift kaisa laga? Ye to bata sakti hai na?" She was excited.

Naina remembered Sameer's words, "Bohot achha laga... usne bhi wohi kaha jo mujhe laga tha... ki yeh hum dono hain."

"Haan, haan... ab tum dono ka ek hi sur hota hai", Preeti let out a long breath.

After finishing their lunch at home, chachiji went to her room for a short nap while Preeti pushed Naina to their own room.

"Jaldi bata kya hai uss packet mein", she was now impatient.

Naina opened the packet to reveal the red and gold saree.

Preeti gasped... she had never seen such an elaborate and expensive saree so closely.

"Behen, ye toh bohot zyaada sundar hai... jijaji laye tere liye?" She asked, delicately touching the border work.

Naina smiled, "Yeh saree Sameer ki naniji ki hai... uske nanu ne di thi usse..."

Preeti wrinkled her nose, "Par unhone jijaji ko saree kyon di... woh thodi pehen sakte hain."

Naina poked her head with her fingers, "Sameer ke liye nahi... uski zindagi mein aane wali ladki ke liye di thi... aur isliye Sameer ne aaj mujhe de di."

"Oh! Waise saree hai kitni pyaari... nanaji bohot pyaar karte honge na naniji se... tabhi toh itne saal baad bhi unki saree sambhaal ke rakhi hai", Preeti admired the saree and the story behind it.

"Haan... jaise Sameer batata hai, lagta hai bohot pyaar karte the."

"Fir toh jijaji apne nanu pe hi gaye hain", Preeti teased her.

Naina blushed, " Pata hai, Sameer keh raha tha aaj raat ko balcony se aane ke liye... usse mujhe ye saree pehne hue dekhna hai".

Preeti looked lovingly at her sister, feeling very happy for her, "Toh aa jane de na... main bahar sofe pe so jaungi."

"Chup kar", Naina suddenly remembered something, " Preeti, uss din tune mujhe kyon nahi bataya ki Sameer aane wala hai? Aur aise kaise tune haan bola uske aane ke liye... agar koi dekh leta toh?"

Preeti instantly understood which day Naina was talking about, "Teri jo haalat thi na... dar gayi thi main dekhke... mujhe pata tha tujhe uss waqt jijaji ki kitni zaroorat thi... aur mujhe pata tha unka haal bhi bura hoga... isliye maine Swati ko haan bol diya jab usne pucha ki Sameer aa sakta hai kya."

Naina was amazed that her silly sister could think like this. She hugged Preeti tightly.

Sameer sat in his room, clutching the pillow, a small smile playing on his lips.

In the morning, he was woken up by Munna and he had looked around in confusion. Seeing Munna standing in front of him and Pandit lying on the bed with his head under the pillow, Sameer realised that he had been dreaming... he had seen Naina here... in his room... his arms around her... and she was getting redder by the minute. He was annoyed with Munna for waking him up from such a beautiful dream... wondering where it could have gone had he not been disturbed.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें