Warmth

Naina spent the day reading and re reading her story... she had to decide an ending. It is not easy to end something... specially when you are attached to it emotionally... Naina had written the story with her heart, she had felt it while writing... it wasn't just words on paper, they was her own sentiments. And she wanted to give it a happy ending.

Sameer was having a difficult time too... without her. In the last two years, there were very few days when he had not met Naina in the evening... today was one such day and was not easy for him. Naina had become as essential for his system as the air he breathed. He had decided that once they were married, he wouldn't let her move away from his sight... they would go to office together, having your own office had to have some advantages... whenever she wanted to write, she could do it in the office itself... he had even planned to set up a library there, knowing Naina's fascination for one.

He had to make up for many years of loneliness.

But, for now, he had to wait, and it was killing him.

After spending a restless night, he was ready for college much before time, waiting for her.

She arrived before time as well, an evening without meeting him was equally hard for her.

"Kitne time baad dekh raha hun tumhe... bohot sundar lag rahi ho", he said as she approached him.

"Sameer, tum roz roz aise tareef karte ho toh lagta hai jhooth bol rahe ho... ab main har din toh itni achhi nahi lag sakti." She was a little embarrassed as she had worn one of her older dress today which was not very well fitted.

Sameer took a step back and looked at her from top to bottom, making her conscious.

"Kya kar rahe ho... sab hain yahan pe", she looked around at the students moving towards the entrance in groups or alone.

He smiled, "Main check kar raha tha ki kahan se kam achhi lag rahi ho par aisi koi jagah hi nahi mili... tum toh upar se neeche tak perfect ho."

He had done it again... made her go red with his first sentence in the morning.

Dragging him by arm, she moved towards their class.

The first lecture was about to get over when Naina suddenly panicked. By the time the class was over, her face had gone pale.

Sameer looked at her and was shocked, "Naina, kya hua? Tabiyat toh theek hai tumhari?"

"Woh... main... Sameer, main room mein jaa rahi hun... main baaki lectures nahi attend kar sakti." She said in a pained voice, getting up and walking out.

He quickly came along, "Lekin hua kya... doctor ke paas jana hai?"

He checked her forehead.

She pulled his hand down, "Offo, doctor nahi chahiye... woh meri date hai... kuch din jaldi aa gayi... bohot dard ho raha hai... main baith nahi paungi."

Ever since Sameer had talked to her about her monthly problem, she had become comfortable in telling him.

He was both relieved and worried at the same time... relieved that it was the usual, natural thing, and worried because she seemed to be in more pain than previous times.

"Tumhe kuch chahiye? Koi dawa ya... kuch... kuch samaan?" He asked softly, walking along her.

She shook her head, "Tum jao... class attend karo... main kal notes le lungi..."

He accompanied her till the main door, watching her enter the hostel building, feeling helpless and frustrated.

Naina reached her room with difficulty... the pain shooting up her legs with each step. She braced herself up for that once in a several months situation where every cell of the body hurt.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें