Ahmedabad

Arjun and Naina reached their home early morning.

Chachiji hugged her.

"Kitne dino baad dekh rahi hun tujhe... dekh toh kitni kamzor ho gayi hai... khati peeti nahi hai kya wahan... ab do mahine mein mere haath ka khana khilake ekdum gol matol kar dungi",  she glanced at her from top to bottom.

"Kya chachiji, gol matol ho gayi toh sab moti kehke chidayenge", Naina basked in the warmth of motherly affection.

Chachiji immediately made a face, "Moti kyon... khate peete ghar ki bolenge."

They all laughed and went inside.

Preeti was still sleeping, as expected.

Naina opened the bag, taking out the gifts she had bought for Preeti. Noiselessly, she placed them around her on the bed and went close to her ear.

"PREETI"

Getting up with a start, she sat up on the bed with eyes wide open.

"Preeti... Preeti... " Naina shook her.

Preeti came out of her shocked state, "Huh... ha... haan... kya hua?"

Naina gave a big smile and spread her arms, "Main aa gayi."

Preeti kept a hand on her heart, breathing heavily, then jumped off the bed, running behind her sister, "Naina ki bachchi... aaj nahi bachegi  tu... abhi mujhe heart attack aa jata... aise chillata hai koi... woh bhi aadhi raat ko... pagal hai kya tu... Mumbai jaakar bhi akal nahi aayi... tu ruk... aaj toh main tera..."

And she collided with taiji who was entering the house to ask Bela for some milk.

"O bai... yeh subah subah kya dhama chaukadi macha rakhi hai?" She hollered.

Naina stood quietly at the kitchen door and  Preeti stood rubbing her arm which had banged into taiji.

"Oh! Toh yeh maharani aa gayi isliye ghar ka mahaul kharab ho raha hai", she gave a disgusted look to Naina.

"Namaste, taiji", Naina wished her.

Taiji had no intention of staying quiet, "Haan, haan, namaste... bahar kya rehne lag gayi tere toh par nikal aaye hain... ladkiyon jaisi koi aadat seekhi bhi  hai ya nahi... aur yahan bhi... "

"Arre, bhabhiji, kya sahi time pe aayi hain aap, Maine abhi chai banayi hai... baithiye aapke liye lati hun... biskut ke saath",  chachiji interrupted the bitter words of taiji, gesturing at Naina and Preeti to leave.

Happy with the offer, taiji settled down on the swing, asking Bela to give some chai for her husband as well, since she had run out of milk.

Both girls quietly slipped back to their room.

The moment they closed the door, Preeti hugged Naina, " Sorry behen, meri wajah se tujhe aate hi taiji ke taane sunne ko mil gaye."

Naina smiled affectionately, "Arre, yeh taane toh paida hui tabse sun rahi hun... inko chod... yeh bata... "

Preeti cut her in between, stepping back with hands on her waist, "Ek minute, ek minute... mujhe toh tujhpe gussa nikalna hai... tune meri neend kyon kharab ki... woh bhi mujhe dara ke?"

Naina wrinkled her nose and held her ears, pointing at the bed with her eyes.

Preeti turned and saw the number of gifts Naina had placed there. She clasped her hands over her mouth.

"Itne saare gifts... sabke liye le aayi kya?" She shrieked.

Hugging her sister from behind, Naina told her, "Sabke liye toh laayi hun par yeh saare tere hain."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें