Visit

Naina continued to teach Sameer and he also concentrated ... and was soon able to complete whatever he had missed while he was away for cricket practice. They met every day under the tree and talked about a lot of things. Growing comfortable in each other's company, they often pulled each other's leg. Sameer had found a new  reason to live. He was eating well, sleeping well and stayed happy. He could smile... even laugh. Naina was his therapy.

She had started staying back in the hostel on weekends, missing the trip to Phulla bua's house, making excuses about busy schedule and pending work for newspaper and magazine. She loved to spend a little extra time with Sameer on weekends.

The love they both shared was felt by them but they had not spoken about it to each other. Both felt shy to confess their feelings in clear words. Naina was now sure that Sameer had feelings similar to hers and waited for him to speak out first. Sameer was aware of Naina's love for him, and now that she had cleared his misconception about himself unknowingly, he wanted to walk up to her and tell her how much he loved her... but everytime he tried... he got tongue tied.

"Sameer",  she came running one evening while he was waiting under the tree.

He looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

" Preeti aur Swati aa rahe hain... mujhse milne... chachaji ko Mumbai kuch kaam tha to woh dono bhi saath aa rahe hain. " Her happiness made her face glow.

Sameer looked at her excited expression, without blinking.

Naina waved a hand in front of him, "Kahan kho gaye?"

He recovered, "Kahi nahi... bolo kya bata rahi thi tum?" He tried to hide his blush.

Naina excitedly started, "Preeti aur Swati aa rahein hain... Kal... Poore teen din rahenge mere saath... main bata nahi sakti ki main kitni khush hoon... kal to Saturday hai to half day hoga... wo bhi lunch time tak aa jaayenge... Tuesday subah jaana hai wapas... kitna mazaa aayega", she rubbed her hands together.

Sameer was happy for her but a little sadness gripped him. Naina sensed it instantly.

"Kya hua? Tum pareshan kyon ho gaye? "

"Kuch nahi... main to bohot khush hun ki tum unse milogi aur time spend karogi... yahan tum unhe miss karti thi naa", He tried to hide his disappointment, but Naina could  read his eyes.

" Karti thi miss... shuru mein... phir ek dost mil gaya... aur ussne mujhe kisi ki kami mehsoos hi nahi hone di... main ab unhe yaad karti hun...khush hokar... miss karti  to dukhi hoti na... jo main nahi hun,"  Naina said softly, eyeing him.

All his doubts and apprehensions flew away and Sameer looked at her naughtily, "Achcha", he said, in the same husky tone that made Naina's poor heart skip a beat.

She again forgot to look away from his face.

" Bolo... mere saath hoti ho to kisi ki kami nahi mehsoos hoti tumhe?", His voice was still the same.

Naina gulped and shook her head.

"To tumhe kisi aur ki zaroorat nahi hai? " He started spinning his web.

Naina shook her head again, in a trance.

"Matlab meri zaroorat hai? " He struck at the right time.

Naina's eyes flew open... and she understood the implication of his words.

"Main jaa rahi hun",  she turned to go, not wanting to show her red ears and face to Sameer.

" Ruko", he said, before she could run.

"Idhar mudo"

Naina shook her head, again.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें