Celebration

"Par aap log toh shayad kuch celebrate kar rahe hai na", Munna was hesitant.

"Haan, tum bhi baitho... batata hun kis baat ki khushi mana rahe hain." Chachaji shifted his chair to make way for more seating.

The three boys looked at each other, then pulled a chair each and settled on the same table...

Munna sat next to chachaji, followed by Sameer and Pandit, who was sitting next to Preeti. Naina sat between Preeti and chachiji. Sameer was directly opposite Naina, he could see her nervousness.

Chachaji explained the reason of their celebration briefly, he was sure the boys were already aware of it.

"Waah bhabhi ", Pandit blurted...

And six pairs of eyes stared at him... with different expressions.

"Woh main... woh abhi Swati bhabhi se baat karke aayein hai na... toh galti se muh se nikal gaya", he gave a sheepish look, mentally slapping himself.

"Waise Swati ko bhi bula lete toh achha hota, haina", chachaji looked at his wife.

"Haan... khyaal hi nahi aaya... Naina Preeti ke saath har khushi baanti hai usne... bula lete toh kitna achha hota", chachiji suddenly felt bad for not inviting her.

"Auntyji, aap bulate bhi to woh aa nahi pati... abhi abhi woh log shopping ke liye nikle hain... meri baat hui thi usse." Munna gave her some solace.

Chachiji was not the one to remain without smiling for long. Munna's words instantly brought her dazzling smile back.

Chachaji instructed the waiter to set up more plates and urged the boys to order whatever they liked... not relaxing till they had placed their order.

Sameer stole a glance at Naina. She was still not looking up... but seemed relaxed.

The food was served and everyone started eating, amidst small talks and laughs.

Pandit opened his mouth to say something and Preeti pinched his leg.

"Ahhh", he screamed.

"Kya hua beta?" Chachiji gave him a concerned look.

"Ku... kuch nahi... pair pe cheenti ne kaat liya shayad", he smiled.

"Batao... itna bada hotel hai aur yahan bhi chitiyaan aa jati hain", she mumbled, taking her attention back to the food.

Pandit whispered to Preeti, " Kyon kiya?"

"Tum apna muh band rakho... abhi bhabhi kehke sab gadbad kar di thi... fir kuch faltu keh doge." She whispered back.

He nodded, agreeing with her.

This time when Sameer looked up, his eyes met with hers... and he winked...

Naina was all red, finding it difficult to eat.

Chachiji looked at her plate, "Naina, beta theek se kha... kya chidiya jaisa khati hai."

"Haan, auntyji, school se hi aise khati hai bh... Naina." Pandit could not remain quiet for long, earning a glare from Preeti.

He did not even dare to look at Munna and Sameer.

"School se... tum jante the Naina ko school mein?" Chachiji was surprised.

Chachaji came to the rescue, "Bela, ye saare bachhe ek sath padhte the... tabse jante hain ek dusre ko."

"Achha, ye toh bohot achhi baat hai... beta fir tum log kabhi ghar aao na... mere haath ka khana bhi khake dekho... iss hotel jitna toh nahi par theek thak khana bana leti hun." Chachiji looked at her husband and gave a shy smile.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें