Ek shaam

The breeze was making the room cooler when Naina opened her eyes. She pulled the light quilt closer to her chest and turned. Sameer's picture was kept next to the pillow.

She picked it up and smiled, "Good morning... jaan."

She blushed at her own endearment. Whenever Sameer called her that, she loved it. She had tried to use similar words of affection for him but courage failed her except once.

"Tumse hi himmat aati hai aur tumhare saamne hi kamzor pad jaati hun... yeh kya kar dete ho tum mujhe?" She traced her thumb on his features.

He seemed to be smiling at her... his eyes teasing her.

And she blushed.

"Hato," putting the picture upside down she got up from the bed.

As she walked towards the cupboard, her eyes fell on the reflection in the mirror. His shirt did look good on her. Tying up her hair in a messy bun on top of the head, she observed herself from all angles.

"Sach mein Sameer se zyada achhi mujhpe lag rahi hai kya? Aisa toh nahi hai... kitni badi hai mujhe... fir usne aisa kyon kaha... aisi badi shirt pehen ke thodi rahungi shaadi ke baad... itne saare naye kapde honge mere paas... toh uski shirt hi kyon pehnu... yeh Sameer bhi na pagal hai... kuch bhi bolta hai." She pondered over his suggestion, discarding it as nothing but silly.

After her bath, Naina decided to wear a pale pink suit with mint green dupatta. She brushed her hair till they fell in soft waves over her shoulders.

Sameer was waiting for her at his usual place.

"Aaj pink... kya Naina... roz naye naye tareekon se maarti ho tum." He grumbled.

She hit his arm, "Aur roz har baat pe chidate ho tum."

He rubbed his arm, "Ahh... abhi se apne pati ko maarna shuru kar diya? Maine toh suna tha aisa shaadi ke kuch saal baad hota hai."

Naina chuckled, "Zyaada drama mar karo... tum kisse aisi baatein karte ho jo yeh sab sunke aaye ho?"

He laughed, joining her as she walked towards the class.

They attended the two lectures scheduled for the day. After they were done, Naina asked him to come to the library.

Their usual table was vacant. Naina sat on a chair with her back to the open window. Sameer took the seat with the window on his side.

She opened the notebook and started to copy the notes from Sameer's register while he opened the book to give a reading to the chapter they were presently doing in the class.

The wind was a little stronger today, and the gushes coming through the window made a few strands of hair fall on Naina's face.

She pushed them behind her ears a couple of times. When the errant strands continued to trouble her, she got irritated.

Sameer watched in fascination as Naina bunched her hair with one hand and rolled them a couple of times to let the loose bun rest behind her neck. The mischievous, impish pranksters were tamed instantly.

As she got back to her work, he leaned and tugged at the bun, causing the hair to fall again on her back.

She looked at him with pursed lips... and tied them again. He pulled the bun with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Naina frowned, but quietly raised her hand to tie them again.

He held her wrist, "Rehne do na... inki khushbu jo hawa mein ghul rahi hai usse main pagal ho raha hun."

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें