Back

Naina waited impatiently for Sameer to call. When the phone rang finally, she picked up in less than half ring.

"Hello Sameer".

" Hello, Naina, congratulations, tumne top kiya hai... poore 88 percent aaye hai tumhare. " Sameer's excitement was pouring from his voice.

"Haan, thank you, tumhara result? " Naina was dying to know.

There was a silence at the other side.

She did not understand.

"Sameer? "

"Jo aaaj tak nahi hua woh ho gaya, Naina",  his voice was low.

Her heartbeat quickened, " Sameer, saaf, saaf batao... main janti hun tum pass ho gaye ho... mujhe yakeen hai... humne saath hi toh padhai ki thi... jaldi bolo... kitne percent aaye? "

Sameer's voice had a trace of disappointment, "Padhai toh saath ki thi lekin exam mein maine kya likha yeh toh main hi jaanta hun na... bas tumhare khyaalon mein hi khoya raha. "

Naina was not convinced, "Dekho, tum jo bhi bolo, mujhe pata hai mera Sameer hamesha pass hoga, har exam mein. "

"Achcha... " His voice lightened.

"Chalo tumhe itna yakeen hai toh bata dun ki main bhi pass ho gaya", He confirmed her faith on him.

" Woh pata hai... tumhare kitne marks aaye yeh batao", Naina was curious.

"Naina, Naina, sach mein wahi hua hai jo kabhi nahi hua... mere 75 percent marks aaye hain... itne toh aaj tak kabhi nahi aaye... main bata nahi sakta main kitna khush hun", he screamed in excitement.

Naina was exhilarated, " Sachchi... congratulations... main bhi bohot khush hun, Sameer,  I love you ", she blurted.

There was a sudden silence on the other side.

Then a low voice asked, " Kya kaha... phir se kaho. "

Naina had said this to him, once. But he had been waiting to hear it again. He wanted her to confess her love to him again and again... and again. But Naina had not spoken the three words after her first confession. And hearing it from her today made his heart go wild.

He wanted more.

"Naina, please... ".

She had loved him for a long, long time... even when she was sure that her love would be a disaster... he would never know it, never want it, never acknowledge it... even then her heart was full of love for him.

And now, when he knows, when he wants it more than anything in the world, when he cherishes it, she loves him even more.

But saying the words he wants to hear... her mouth went dry, her heartbeat accelerated, sweat beads appeared on her forehead...

" Naina, sunna chahta hun... kaho na... please ", He was getting desperate.

She took a deep breath, " I... I... Lo..."

Sameer had closed his eyes in anticipation.

"I... I... love... you." Naina was all red.

He wished he could see her.

He wished he could hold her.

"I love you too, Naina", his voice was heavier.

They held the phone in silence, buried under the pressure of their feelings... which they wanted to convey but the distance between them was a barrier.

" Tum konsi train se jaa rahi ho?" Sameer finally managed to speak.

"Main woh... do din baad subah ki train se... chachaji chalenge saath... aur tum?" Naina was also trying to control her racing heart.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें