Exams

Naina was not able to contain her happiness at the thought that Sameer did love her since school... only if she knew about it then. She wanted to tell Preeti and Swati... giggling as she could easily visualise their shocked reaction.

"Jab Preeti ka phone aayega to usse bataungi... woh toh behosh hi ho jaayegi yeh sun ke... jab mujhe hi yakeen nahi aaya to usse kaise aayega... Hayeeee... school mein Sameer mujhe chup chup ke dekhta tha, " she clasped her hands and rolled her eyes dreamily, "kya sochta hoga mujhe dekhke? "

She felt like dancing... picking up her pillow, she twirled around, face shining with joy... imagining Sameer outside her class window, behind the water tap, against the pillar near playground... hiding and trying to catch a glimpse of her.

She didn't know but that is exactly what he did in school... to steal glances of his Naina.

As Sameer sat down to have his dinner, Rahul joined him again. Since they had become friends now, they would sometimes sit together in the dining hall.

"Aur, kaisi chal rahi hai teri love story? " Rahul patted Sameer's shoulder as he settled in the adjacent chair.

Sameer just smiled at him. Though they were friends, he could not form the bond he shared with Munna and Pandit.

"Tumhari story kuch aage badhi kya?" He enquired about Rahul's equation with Sonali.

"Abhi to fielding hi kar raha hun... sab tere jaise lucky nahi hote yaar... teri gaadi toh express speed se patri pe aa gayi", He carried on in his usual carefree manner.

When Sameer did not say anything, Rahul asked, " Achcha tujhe kitna time laga... Naina ne kitne dino mein haan bola?"

"Do saal mein... ", Sameer looked straight at him and replied.

Rahul almost fell off his chair, " Do saal... itne time mein to college ka end aa jayega."

And the other fact dawned upon him, a little late, "Tu Naina ko do saal se jaanta hai? Aur ab jaake usne haan kaha hai? Yaar, aisi kya buraai hai tujhme jo itna time le liya? Ekdum hero dikhta hai... break kahan lagi? " He was curious now.

"Hamaari kahani thodi alag hai... hum eleventh class se saath padhte the par yahan aane se pehle kabhi baat nahi ki thi. "

"Kyon? Agar tujhe pasand thi to baat kyon nahi ki?", Rahul was getting interested.

" Bas aise hi... waise uske papa bhi hamare school mein the... aur hamesha aas paas mandarate rehte the... isliye socha abhi baat ki toh uss ke liye koi problem na ho jaaye," Sameer remembered Rakesh sir.

"Oho! Tayyab Ali pyaar ka dushman, " Rahul winked.

Sameer grinned at him, "Kuch aisa hi samajh lo... par pyaar ekdum chupa hua tha... kisiko nahi pata tha... mere dono doston ko bhi nahi... aur Naina ko bhi nahi."

Rahul pulled his chair forward, "Aaj to teri love story poori sunni padegi... mujhe nahi pata tha tune itne papad bele hain".

They finished their dinner and went out in the garden.

Sameer told him how he met Naina and gradually fell for her, but never expressed it... how he wanted to speak to her at the farewell but her father was always around... how he decided to come to Mumbai after his nanu's death as he could not live alone in that house, giving the same reason he had given to Munna Pandit.

He did not mention about dadi's bitter words and his own reaction to them. Also, he did not tell about Naina's feelings for him since school...

Rahul was impressed with Sameer's perseverance, "Tu toh filmon wala aashiq hai, dost! Mujhe bhi kuch tips de na, meri gaadi ko dhakka laga de", he requested.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें