Thank You

Naina sat behind him, hands on his shoulders as they left for college.

Halfway through, Sameer stopped the bike outside a small restaurant.

"Yahan kyon ruke hain, Sameer? Abhi toh khana khaya hai... tumhe fir se bhook lag gayi kya?" Naina asked as she got off the bike.

He narrowed his eyes, "Kya main tumhe bhukkad lagta hun?"

"Aur kya", she shrugged, suppressing a smile.

He pulled her cheek, scrunching his nose, "Chalo."

As they reached the door, he held her hand, "Saath mein chalte hain."

They opened the door together... flower petals showered on them.

Before she could comprehend what was happening, Sameer presented a red rose to her.

Naina was astonished, "Yeh... yeh sab kya hai?"

Sameer smiled when she took the rose and pulled her as he moved. She looked around... there was nobody in the restaurant... but... she was captivated by the decoration.

The passage was lined with petals too, there were balloons everywhere, on the ceiling, walls, floor... there were beautiful pink roses on all tables. As Sameer took awestruck Naina to the end of the room, she saw a huge white screen on the wall. It had three words written with red rose petals :

THANK   YOU    NAINA

She just stared at it open mouthed.

Sameer shook her a little "Naina..."

"Huh... " She could not understand what this was all about.

"Sameer, aaj mera birthday toh nahi hai... na hi Rahul  ki tarah tumhe propose karna hai... fir yeh sab kya hai... yeh thank you kisliye?" She finally managed to ask.

He handed her a gift.

Totally confused with everything, she accepted the box, asking him, "Dekhun?"

He nodded.

There was a beautiful pearl bracelet in it. Naina gasped at the delicate piece of jewelry.

"Waise toh tumhe kisi jewelry ki zaroorat nahi hai par fir bhi yeh ek chota sa gift tumhare liye... shayad isko tumhari zaroorat hai." He said in a low voice as he clasped the bracelet on her wrist.

Before Naina could open her mouth to say something, he presented one more box, much bigger.

She threw her hands in air, "Ek aur gift... Sameer... baat kya hai... please batao?"

He held her hands and kept the box in them, indicating with his eyes to open it.

Naina opened the box to find a beautiful saree... in green colour with a delicate silver border.

"Sameer yeh... yeh toh... " she was dumbfounded.

She looked at the saree, then at him... her mind had completely stopped working.

"Sameer ab toh bata do... main pagal ho rahi hun." The curiosity was killing her.

He held her hand and guided her out of the small door leading to a garden behind the restaurant. There were a few white tables with some chairs around them... just like the restaurant, there was no one.

The table in the center had another box on it.

"Nahi... jab tak tum bataoge nahi main yeh gift nahi dekhungi." She put her foot down, unable to bear the suspense.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें