Happy New Year

I am overwhelmed with the comments in the previous update. Honestly, I would have loved to reply to each of them. However, that would not be possible (sigh) in my present situation. But I read each one of them. And I'm happy that you all could visualize Naina the way I wanted to show her.
Please do not stop your comments or your love for the story. I will reply whenever it is feasible.
Love you all for being with me in this journey of Samaina.

After two more couples joined them and introductions were done with... they sat down for some snacks along with glasses of soft drinks.

"Sameer, aaj ek gaana toh banta hai." Rahul urged.

"Par main yahan guitar nahi laya." Sameer was still a little shaken from the shock that had hit him earlier.

"Aise hi gaa de, yaar... teri awaaz hi itni achhi hai... humein toh ussi mein maza aa jayega." Rahul insisted.

Sameer was skeptical.

"Gaa do na, Sameer... itna achha gaate ho tum." Naina pressed his hand.

He pursed his lips... and nodded.

Gaurav, a neighbour who lived on the same floor, offered to get his guitar from home. Within a few minutes, Sameer had one in his hand.

He started with the one he played often in his room... each and every word meant for Naina... his eyes not leaving her even for a moment during the entire song

Chookar mere man ko
Kiya tune kya ishara
Badla yeh mausam
Lage pyara jag saara

Tu jo kahe jeevan bhar
Tere liye main gaun
Tere liye main gaun
Geet tere bolon pe
Likhta chala jaun
Likhta chala jaun
Mere geeton mein
Tujhe dhoonde jag saara

Chookar mere man ko
Kiya tune kya ishara

His soulful voice with the strums of guitar mesmerised everyone and Sameer had to sing quite a few songs... some of his choice and some on request. Gaurav was next and he being the eldest among the lot, sang Purani jeans aur guitar.

"Tum logon ke saath aaj college ke din yaad aa gaye, yaar... hum log bhi khoob masti karte the." He patted Rahul's shoulder after his song.

Music is one single factor to bind people together... today was no exception. Singing along with each other, the entire group became friendly in no time.

Naina soon came to know that besides Gaurav and Divya, only one more couple was married. Others were together like her and Sameer. In fact, Sejal and Pankaj had just met last week.

"Try karke dekhna padta hai, Naina... isliye aaj party mein aane ko kaha Pankaj ne toh main aa gayi... milenge tabhi pata chalega ki setting ho sakti hai ya nahi." Sejal confessed.

Naina and Sonali were amazed at her casual manner.

"Aur agar setting nahi ho paayi toh?" Naina could not stop herself from asking.

"Toh agli party mein kisi aur ke saath chali jaungi." She smirked.

"Waise Sameer ke saath tumhara permanent wala hai ya aise hi... kaafi handsome hai." Sejal raised one eyebrow at Naina, after eyeing Sameer for a while.

And Naina developed a strong dislike for her instantly.

"Yeh dono paanch saal se jaante hain ek dusre ko... bas college khatam hote hi shaadi hone wali hai." Sonali said firmly, making the picture clear to her.

In between several rounds of snacks and soft drinks, Naina noticed Sejal looking at Sameer with open admiration. The anger inside her started to boil.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें