Strength

Goodbyes are always difficult. Naina wanted to stay back under the tree... but Sameer did not let her do so.

"Nahi Naina, yahan andhere mein akele nahi ruko... mujhe tumhari chinta lagi rahegi... please, room mein jao jisse main bhi aaram se jaa sakun." He had literally pushed her towards the passage.

As she sat in her room now, she wondered how far Sameer must have gone from her... she hated the train that was taking him away at the very moment when she wanted him here... with her.

Wiping the tears, she braced herself for a long sleepless night... a night that would last for three days.

Sleep was away from Sameer as well. Sitting in the train, his head resting on the window, he looked out into the darkness, with sparse twinkling of light bulbs somewhere far... maybe someone else was awake too, missing the ones they loved... a tear escaped his eye.

This was the longest he would be away from her... without even speaking on phone. Calling her hostel would be too risky... he pursed his lips at the thought.

When they were in school, in spite of knowing his feelings for her, he had not seen her for three months... after they had appeared for the exams. In fact, she had not come to school to check her result either... chachaji had gone. He desperately wanted to see her at that time... she was in his heart.

But now... she was his heart, mind, body, soul... everywhere. A day without her would be his worst nightmare.

He braced himself for a nightmare... that would last for three days.

Ahmedabad station was sleepy at the early morning hour... till the train chugged in. It sprang to life in no time... coolies running along the slowing down coaches, vendors calling out in shrill voices to find customers for their wares, mainly food items and newspaper, curious eyes of those who had come to pick up their relatives searching through the open windows...

Amidst all this, Sameer stepped down on the platform as the train screeched to a halt... feeling lonely in the crowd.

He walked out to board a rickshaw. This time there would be no one to greet him at home either. Munna Pandit, who always stayed with him during vacations, would be busy with their college. They won't be aware of his arrival.

The bungalow stood in complete magnificence, gleaming in the first rays of the sun. He walked in with heavy steps.

Ramdhari greeted him at the door, taking the suitcase, "Namaste Sameer bhaiya... munshiji ne bataya tha aap aayenge... humne nashta bana diya hai... aap naha ke taiyar ho jaiye... nau baje aap ko lene aayenge munshiji."

Sameer gave him a small smile and went to his room.

The sight that greeted him was shocking.

Pandit lay sprawled on the bed as Munna walked out of the bathroom, rubbing his wet hair.

"Aa gaya bhai, chal jaldi se naha le... ek baar yeh Pandit ghus gaya bathroom mein toh intezaar hi karta rahega." He casually looked at Sameer, gesturing towards the bathroom.

His mouth open, Sameer looked from one to another...

Suddenly, Pandit jumped from the bed and both rushed to him, enveloping him in a bone crushing hug.

Sameer grinned and hugged them back. They had made him feel at home instantly.

"Saalon, tum mujhe teen din bhi akela nahi rehne doge?" He showed fake irritation.

"Tch", Pandit made a clicking sound with his tongue.

"Bhai tu teen din ke liye aaye ya teen mahine ke liye, hum toh yahin milenge", Munna gave a wide grin, stepping back.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें