Law Garden

Chachaji chachiji arrived in the afternoon. Mausiji was fine... just a hairline fracture in her leg. Taiji was back to her demands... waiting to have her chai... elaichi daal ke...

The day went by doing normal household chores and chit chatting.  Chachiji had a hearty laugh hearing about Preeti's perfect plan to save themselves from taiji.

Naina and Sameer had their phone conversation at night. Sameer was desperate to meet her, while Naina was a little shy talking to him... images of the dream of previous night presenting themselves repeatedly in front of her eyes everytime Sameer said 'Naina please'.

Next day being Sunday, there was a general relaxed atmosphere at home. Chachaji decided to take his wife and the girls to Law Garden for a session of chaat and pao bhaji, followed by kulfi. Naina called up Sameer to inform him that he can come there around 7:30 in the evening. Though, they might not be able to talk with each other... a glance was no less for now.  Naina was equally desperate to see him. And Sameer could think of nothing else.

He was near the garden much before the time Naina had mentioned. Munna Pandit gorged on all the food available at the stalls while Sameer kept checking his watch impatiently.

And then he felt her presence. Turning around immediately, he saw her getting down from the rickshaw with Preeti. Another rickshaw stopped behind theirs and chachaji chachiji stepped out. Sameer watched as all four walked to the stalls located on the other side of the road. Naina looked around nervously... trying to find him.

She caught his eye... and her own brightened instantly. She gave a small smile and Sameer placed a hand on his heart, tilting his head.

Controlling the urge to run to him, Naina followed her family.

They had a round of paani poori. Preeti and Naina had a competition, trying to outdo each other, and went on to eat several plates, while chachaji looked at them affectionately. Chachiji, however, was worried, "Arre tum dono kitna khaogi... beta, pet kharab ho jaayega... ek toh teekhi wali poori khati ho... suniye ji, dekhiye na inn ladkiyon ko", she turned to her husband. 

He gave her an assuring smile,
" Khane do Bela, kuch nahi hoga... itne dino ke baad inka yeh pyaar dekhne ko mil raha hai... khush hone do bachchiyon ko."

Sameer was watching in awe as Naina polished plate after plate of paani poori, "Itni si toh hai... itna kaise kha leti hai... aur hamesha toh khati bhi nahi hai... phir paani poori se itna pyaar kyon hai?"

His eyes drank in her sight... plain blue dress with a thin belt... hair tied in her usual pony, no makeup... and he felt the magnetic pull... that he always felt whenever he saw her.
She once looked behind, eyes searching for him... and a contended smile appeared on her face on seeing him leaning next to his car.

Preeti won the competition when Naina's attention faltered, as she searched for Sameer. To cheer her up, chachiji took them to the small shops around the garden, selling trinkets. Naina tried a few earrings... little different from what she usually wore.  She decided on silver loops and a few long ones. Preeti also picked up a few things for herself.

It was time for pao bhaji. They had their fill, laughing and chatting. While Sameer kept getting more and more restless. He wanted to be close to her... watching her from a distance was not enough.

When chachaji took them for kulfi, Naina started thinking... she had to find a way... she knew Sameer would be on edge by now.

"Chachiji, main aur Preeti zara wahan kuch dupatte dekh ke aate hain", Naina made an excuse.

" Chal beta, main bhi chalti hun".

Naina's heart sank.

"Jaane do,  Bela. Ab badi ho gayi hain dono... apni khariddari apni pasand se karne do",  her saviour, chachaji, helped her out again, unknowingly.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें