Advice

Munna Pandit came back with bags of samose and jalebi, which was polished off in no time by the trio... Naina wondered how could anyone have such a huge appetite... but here, all three of them had a bottomless pit for a stomach.

Later, they chatted about Mumbai and compared it with their college here in Ahmedabad... coming to the conclusion that not much difference was there... when it concerned students like Naina who religiously attended all lectures.

"Arre bhabhi, hum log to kabhi kabhi adhe lecture mein bhaag jaate hain... red rose mein." Pandit told them.

"Red rose?" Sameer looked at him.

"Hamare college ki canteen hai", Munna informed.

"Canteen toh hamare college mein bhi hai par hamari madam ko wahan jana kuch khaas pasand nahi hai", Sameer gave a teasing smile to Naina.

"Khana kha toh lete hain hostel ke mess mein... aur kitna khaoge?" She gave a frustrated look.

She had hardly visited the canteen of her college more than few times. When she had joined, there was never enough money... she took a very meagre sum from chachaji, just enough to pay her boarding and mess charges... she could not afford anything in the canteen, even if she wanted. Later, her articles fetched a good income and lately she had become very comfortable money wise... but she wanted to spend all her time with Sameer, not intending to take him at a place where other girls eyed him... she had never told him so, always getting away by saying that she was not hungry, which was also partially true, owing to her small appetite.

Pandit's shocked voice brought her back to present, "Kitna khaoge? Arre bhabhi, abhi toh hum kuch khate hi nahi... yeh chote mote samose jalebi toh aise hi pet ke kisi kone mein chup jaate hain... ek baar  college khatam ho jaaye fir dekhna... apna restaurant kholunga aur usme duniya bhar ke khaane banwaunga... majal hai koi Ahmedabad mein kuch mange aur Pandit ke restaurant mein na mile."

"Tch... nahi milega", Munna made a sad face, refuting his claim.

Pandit looked at him, surprised, "Kyon nahi milega? Shart laga le... saari duniya ke cook leke aaunga aur sab kuch banega."

"Banega toh sahi par kisi ko milega nahi... kyonki saara ka saara khana toh ye bhukkad khud hi kha jayega", Munna said with a straight face.

Pandit stared at him.

Sameer looked at Munna and they both burst out laughing as Naina tried to hide her smile.

Pandit looked from one to another, then sat down on the sofa, scratching his head, "Yaar, baat toh tu sahi keh raha hai."

Both his friends stopped laughing and stared at him.

He looked up, "Kya? Mazaak sirf tum hi kar sakte ho?"

All three laughed again and hugged.

Naina looked at the three of them, laughing crazily,  and smiled, "Pagal hain teeno."

Soon, it was time for her to leave...

As Sameer drove out of the house, he held Naina's hand and kissed on the back of it, "Fir kab milogi?"

She looked at him sadly, "Pata nahi, Sameer, main toh roz milna chahti hun par kya karun... "

"Main janta hun, Naina... tumhe bura lagta hoga na apne chachaji aur chachiji ko aise jhooth bolna... akhir woh itna pyaar karte hain tumse." He gave a sad smile.

Her heart constricted to see the sadness on his face.

"Umm... waise main isko jhooth nahi manti... yeh toh sirf bahane hain jo main banati hun... apni jaan se milne ke liye", she purposely lowered her voice in the last sentence.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें