Holiday

Sameer was finding it difficult to sleep... Naina in her pink dress invaded his senses every time he tried to close his eyes... why she had to look so goddamn hot in everything.

Not even once did she ask how he got the dress for her... how he could buy such a perfect fit... she happily accepted his gift.

"Itni bholi kyon ho tum, Naina?" He thought aloud.

Naina lay in her bed, thinking about Sameer's efforts to make the day special for her. He had gone to extreme lengths to arrange everything... Sameer, who hated to get up early, was up at five in the morning to get fresh flowers for the decorations. He had bought such thoughtful gifts. Naina blushed as she remembered the saree... once he had said that he would like to see her in that saree again, and when she told him that she had returned the saree to Pooja didi, he had promised to buy a similar one for her. And he had kept his side of promise. Now it was her turn... to get a similar blouse made. She could not stop the red streak creeping up her neck as she thought of his reaction if she wore this saree with that type of blouse now... when Sameer could not keep his eyes and hands away from her in a normal dress... in such an outfit he would... she pressed her palms over her eyes... to stop the images that made the fluttering inside her go to insane levels. The red streak had covered her entire face as she smiled how even in her thoughts Sameer did things that made her blush.

"Itne badmaash kyon ho tum, Sameer?" She thought aloud.

Next day, they got up to a heavy downpour. The sky was covered with dark clouds and seeing the ground outside turned into a pool, it appeared that the rains must have started somewhere in the middle of the night.

Naina wondered if normal classes would be held today as it would be difficult for the professors and local students to reach college.

Her apprehensions were proved right when she opened the door to a soft knock a little later.

"Beta, aaj college nahi hoga. Sab jagah paani bhara hai isliye koi aa nahi payega." The elderly ayah informed her.

She smiled and thanked her.

Staying whole day in her room was no problem but staying without meeting Sameer was making her restless. She opened the balcony door against the splash of showers to check the open area... reaching their favourite place would be impossible today as the entire area around was submerged in water.

Naina had always loved the rains... but today she hated it. Just sitting next door to Sameer and she won't be able to see him the whole day. She wondered how he would react to the news.

Sameer was agitated when he came to know about the classes being cancelled for the day. And the deluge left no doubt in his mind that the ground behind their hostel was non approachable today. He stood at the window, cursing the grey curtain that made the visibility come down drastically.

Around eleven in the morning, there was some respite as the incessant pouring reduced to a drizzle. But going out was not an option as the flooded area made sure that everyone was restricted to their enclosed, comfortable spaces.

But two souls were far from comfortable. Sameer moved around impatiently, constantly devising ways to meet Naina. His mind kept rejecting each idea...

Finally, he could take it no more and walked out.

Naina walked carefully in the wet corridor, avoiding the small pools formed here and there. She climbed up the steps to reach the library, glad to see that it was not locked, only latched from outside. Opening the heavy bolt with difficulty, she went in. It was obviously deserted. No sane person would come to the library when the college was closed. But she could not sit in her room. It was getting claustrophobic.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें