Raat baaki

He saw her open eyes when her head touched the pillow... and his heart jumped to his mouth.

"Tum abhi tak soye nahi... Sameer, sona padega na... nahi toh subah tak theek kaise hoge?" She started to get up, not registering that she had been woken up from sleep after almost two hours...

And Sameer was in his senses...

Her hand closed around his head as she pulled him to her lap again, getting up to sit.

Sameer held her wrist, his face showing the confusion, "Naina?"

Her heart fell to the pit of her stomach... he was awake... he was aware...

"Sam... Sameer... tum... hosh mein ho?" She tried to get up from the bed.

His hand around her waist pinned her in sitting position.

"Kya hua? Yeh sab kya hai? Main so kaise gaya?" He saw the bewildered look in her eyes.

She squirmed... now that he was up, sitting with him like this was sending her senses in a tizzy.

"Kahin nahi jaa rahi ho tum... batao yeh sab kya hai... kya hua tha raat ko?" He grasped her hand.

Naina gulped, lowering her eyes, "Tumne aur Rahul ne chocolates kha li thi."

He furrowed his brows, trying to remember, "Haan, woh kisi ne gift diya tha box... kuch alag si thi... Rahul ne kaha kha ke dekhte hain... toh?"

"Toh woh liquor chocolates thi... aur tum dono ne poora packet kha liya." She looked at him.

His eyes widened in horror, "Kyaaa?"

"Shhh..." Naina placed her palm on his mouth to keep his voice from going out.

Few moments passed in silence before she pulled away her hand.

She narrated the sequence of events when he insisted on knowing everything. Shocked and embarrassed at his behaviour, he buried his head in her lap.

"I'm sorry, Naina."

His dejected voice pinched at her heart... forgetting everything, she wound her hands around his head, pulling him again to her bosom.

"Sorry kyon bol rahe ho... tumhe thodi pata tha woh kaunse chocolates hain... please, tum aise dukhi mat ho." Her voice was pained.

Sameer was not even breathing... feeling her on his cheek, he was lost in her softness and fragrance... disbelief lurking in some corner of his mind...

His hand came to rest on the side of her waist, clutching hard... and Naina registered their position.

With a sharp intake of breath, she moved her hands away... Sameer slowly sat up, looking at her.

The colour spread on her face was clear even in the darkness... her eyes were downcast... the rapid rise and fall of her chest indicated the state of her heartbeat.

Sameer stood up from the bed, switching on the bedside lamp. The room was swathed in a soft glow.

"Naina," He extended his hand to her.

She looked at his hand... holding it, she got up.

Sameer turned her and enveloped her in a back hug, "Sab tumhari galti hai... kyon gayi coffee banane... maine kaha tha na door nahi jaana."

Taking a long breath to show her relief at him coming back to normal, she leaned back into him.

"Saari raat kharab ho gayi... aaj toh tum mere paas rukne ka promise karke gayi thi aur aaj hi yeh sab ho gaya." He whined.

Kabhi to nazar milaoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें