{i still can't have you}

SHAWN'S POV

I sat on the sofa in the studio leaning my head against the wall strumming some random cords on rhythm new guitar Zubin sat on the desk chair opposite me waiting for me to come at a rhythm.
"Are you an actually gonna write a song or are you just happy with your new guitar?".
"Both I need a power song just like in my blood, but look at it it's black and she is so beautiful".
"She?".
"Yes, I love my guitars, but this one wow it's so beautiful".
"Your crazy I would never...".
"I'm gonna call it y/n".
"What you're gonna call the guitar the same name as your crush who is gonna marry with NOT you?".
"Not the guitar the song!". I started playing a similar rhythm as if I can't have you. And started singing some thoughts out loud.

"Y/n why did you left me. I thought that you loved me but I was wrong. Distance is relevant cause You can be in Toronto and I can be on the road but, my thoughts drift back to you.
Y/n, I love you babe, but I still can't have you.
If this was love then I was so damn wrong but I still feel this way...".

"Isn't it too offies to call it y/n". Teddy walked in leaned against the doorframe.
"What if I call a name that looks like hers?".
"Honey, I don't think that's a good idea your songs stay forever".
"And so... I love her forever".
"Aww, broken loverboy" Zubin tapped on his guitar impatiently.
"Why doesn't she just love me the way I want her to?".
"Because she is gonna marry, she is gonna be a wife and not your wife". Teddy sat next to me.
"Yes, I need to win her back I need to make her love me".
"What? Shawn no you can't destroy a marriage!".
"I did everything for her teddy everything I thought after I wrote if I can't have you that she'll come to me but from there it only went downhill".
"Shawn, it's been a year since if I can't have you what do you wanna do go back to the warehouse and shoot another black and white video clip?".

Actually...

"Can we do that?!".
Zubin kicked my leg rudely.
No!".
"Why not I loved that music video?".
"Because we need variation in your video's".
"Why are you walking about music videos if we don't even have a song?". Teddy grabbed some paper and crossed her legs under her.
"Do you got ant idea?". She tapped her pen against the metal rings in her note block.
"Well, the is called y/n and...". I was cut off by a pillow being thrown at my head.
"Don't call it y/n!".
"I thought we already agreed that we didn't call it y/n shawn".
"But...".
"Shawn". She looked up from her notes and stared at me.
"I still can't have her". I ran my hands through my hair.
"I heard you sing before I came in what was the lyrics again?".
I played the strings on my guitar again.

"Y/n why did you left me. I thought that you loved me but I was wrong. Distance is relevant cause You can be in Toronto and I can be on the road but, my thoughts drift back to you.
Y/n, I love you babe, but I still can't have you.
If this was love then I was so damn wrong but I still feel this way...".

"Maybe you can use another name instead of y/n".
I throw the pillow back at Zubin.
"Ha told you!. I was thinking about...".
"Not an actually name shawn". Teddy looked back at the written words on her notebook.
"Which nickname did you use for her?".
"Teddy you know she never was your girlfriend".
"Come on everybody haves nicknames even friends".
I smiled at myself.
"I called her short muffin because she is so short, she called me Pickering boy because...".
Yeah, we understand because you're from Pickering".
I looked down at my brand new black guitar which I got from y/n as a gift for our six years friendship.
"What sound better babe or baby?".
"Baby, babe sounds too much like I used in if I can't have you".
"Okay, shawn change her name to baby". Teddy tapped her pen on my guitar.

"Baby why did you left me. I thought that you loved me but I was wrong. Distance is relevant cause You can be in Toronto and I can be on the road but, my thoughts drift back to you.
Baby, I love you babe, but I still can't have you.
If this was love then I was so damn wrong but I still feel this way...".