51

After having the idea of ​​raising seafood chickens and sea ducks, Jiang Anning did not immediately go to the chief steward, but repeatedly thought about the feasibility of this matter.

After considering the risks and advantages, Jiang Anning went directly to the chief steward's office.

After listening to her idea, Qin Yue directly rejected it.

"It's not that the idea of ​​selling chickens and ducks is bad, but raising a group of chickens and ducks is unrealistic for us now.

To be honest, the first sideline we chose when the sideline group was first established was raising chickens. We tried three times, and each time we raised more than a thousand chickens. Guess how many chickens grew up in the end?"

Jiang Anning calculated silently in his heart and said, "If we calculate based on the 50% loss rate of ordinary people raising chickens for laying eggs, there should be about 1,500 chickens grown out of the three thousand chicks."

Qin Yue smiled bitterly, "If the loss rate is really this high, we would be happy." At this point, he wiped his round face, "Only fifty of the three thousand chickens survived in the end."

Jiang Anning widened his eyes, Unbelievable, "How can there be only fifty?" Isn't this survival rate too bad?

Qin Yue recalled the history of raising chickens, "The first batch of chickens we raised were raised in the mountains, and then there was a flood, the chicken farm was flooded, most of the chickens were washed away, and those that were not washed away also died after the flood."

Jiang Anning sighed, "The chicken farm was flooded, this can't be blamed on you, what about the second batch? It can't be so unlucky, right?"

Qin Yue sighed, and briefly summarized the situation of the remaining two batches.

After listening, Jiang Anning didn't know what to say, mainly because he was too non-chief.

The second batch of quartermasters learned the lesson of the first time and did not build the chicken farm at the foot of the mountain, but chose a flat area near the troops. Who could have thought that the election would be in the mouth of a typhoon?

Standing in the mouth of the wind, let alone chickens, even pigs can fly. You can imagine the fate of the thousand chicks.

Sweeped by the typhoon, they either became missing chickens, or fell to death or became disabled when the wind stopped. In short, none of them survived.

The quartermaster was not a person who gave up easily. As long as there was a glimmer of hope, he would strive for it. If there was no hope, he would create hope.

So he withstood the pressure, cushioned his wife's capital, and bought the third batch of chickens.

This time, there was no flood or typhoon, but that year, the chicken disease broke out on Haisha Island, and all the chickens in other state-owned farms were wiped out.

The chickens raised by the quartermaster were not immune. Originally, we thought that all the chickens would be wiped out, but unexpectedly, the quartermaster and his team found a hole dug by a weasel when they were cleaning the chicken farm.

They followed the hole to the weasel's nest, caught the stolen chickens, and brought back several nests of pheasants they encountered on the way to the chicken farm to raise them, which saved the chickens from being wiped out.

If we only count the chickens that grew up, fifty is an overcount. In the end, the fifty chickens, including the pheasants that were raised, were sold for more than two hundred yuan, which was barely enough to cover the cost of the chicks.