57

Jiang Anning looked out the window. On the way from the farm to the mud house, a tall figure led a short figure towards her.

It was Enjin and Tieniu.

Why did they come?

Jiang Anning's heart was full of sweetness. The corners of her mouth could not help but curl up, and she smiled brightly, and the fatigue of a busy day was swept away.

"Go quickly." Aman took the vegetables she had not picked, "I'll pick the rest."

"Aman, sisters-in-law, I'll go first. Thank you for your hard work." Jiang Anning took off her apron and greeted the sisters-in-law.

The sisters-in-law smiled and waved their hands, "Leave tonight's dinner to us. If you don't go, Captain Zhou will be waiting anxiously."

"Yes." Jiang Anning trotted out.

Tieniu was being led by his uncle, and his small military bag for picking herbs was bulging. When he saw his aunt, his eyes lit up, and he let go of Zhou Enjin's hand and rushed over to hug her like a small cannonball, "Aunt, I miss you so much."

"Aunt misses you too." Jiang Anning picked him up and walked towards Zhou Enjin, "Why are you here?"

It was already seven o'clock, and the mountain roads were not easy to walk on. It rained a little last night, and the roads were even more muddy. You could tell from their trousers that they were all covered with mud.

Zhou Enjin used his hands to help his lover get the leaves that were not visible above her head. Seeing that she was confused, he whispered, "Today is your birthday, we are here to accompany you."

This was her first birthday since she came to Haisha Island. In the past, her family had celebrated with her, but in the future, he hoped that he would be by her side.

Jiang Anning suddenly realized, "I've been busy with honey these days, I forgot about it."

Jiang Anning took them into her own room.

Aman and Guifen's sister-in-law Lin Mei had packed up their things and were moving to other mud houses. Passing by Jiang Anning, Lin Mei smiled ambiguously: "Anning, Tieniu can sleep with us tonight. The mud house is left for you, you can build it as you like."

Realizing what her sister-in-law meant, Jiang Anning blushed all of a sudden. Not daring to look into her lover's eyes, she carried Tieniu into the house.

Zhou Enjin looked at her shy lover and couldn't help laughing.

In addition to four bamboo beds, there was a bamboo table, a few bamboo chairs, and a bamboo cabinet in the mud house.

Tie Niu struggled, "Aunt, let me go. I have a gift for you."

Jiang Anning put him down, and saw him take out a big bag of things from his military bag, and handed it to her with a happy smile on his little face, "Aunt, here."

These are all gifts he carefully selected, and Aunt will definitely like them.

There are three things in total, some big and some small, all wrapped in kraft paper and tied with ropes.

Jiang Anning was curious and opened the two small ones first. They turned out to be hairpins and vanishing cream. The vanishing cream was nothing special, just the color of the hairpin.

Tieniu came to the side of the old aunt, and his sunburned face was full of pride, "This color is very beautiful, colorful."

Jiang Anning used to think that boys don't need to care too much about aesthetics, but now he thinks that both boys and girls need to receive necessary aesthetic education.