119

Except for Captain Yu and a few older crew members, no one else had ever seen a school of tuna.

The crew members were delighted, stood at their posts, and were ready at all times, waiting for Captain Yu's order to start lowering the net.

"If this is really a big catch, this trip will be a bonanza." According to regulations, if the fishing boat has a good catch, the crew will receive a reward.

Crew members like them have all suffered. This is the first time they have been with such a big ship. Not only do they get a monthly salary, but they also get a reward for each trip. Although it is a bit hard, it is a rare good thing to be able to join the Red Star Factory.

These crew members are very grateful to the Red Star Factory and the troops.

Since the troops came to Haisha Island, they not only built roads and islands, but also went to the surrounding communes and brigades to help when encountering danger or typhoons and rainstorms.

At first, they were very opposed to the troops coming, fearing that the troops would seize their land and fishery resources. Now it seems that they were really short-sighted.

Captain Yu stood on the mast and looked into the distance with a telescope. After a while, he handed the telescope to Jiang Anning, "Captain Jiang, we are still 500 meters away in the southeast direction."

Jiang Anning looked in the direction indicated by Captain Yu and could see schools of fish rushing towards this side from a distance.

"We encountered a school of yellowfin tuna." Captain Yu's face, which was tanned by the sun, was beaming with joy. It was a good sign that he encountered such good guys in the first batch of fish he caught.

Jiang Anning had heard of yellowfin tuna and had seen canned tuna at the Canton Fair, which sold very well.

August is still the period when yellowfin tuna are active around Haisha Island.

Compared with bluefin tuna, this type of tuna is more common. Of course, both types of tuna are very valuable fish. Whether they are sold directly to Yangcheng Import and Export Company or processed into canned food and sold, they are both a considerable income.

Jiang Anning returned the telescope to Captain Yu and asked curiously, "Captain Yu, when can we cast the net?"

Tuna are large and fast, and they are very sensitive. They can escape at the slightest movement, so it is not easy to catch them. It requires certain skills and experience.

"Don't worry, the fish are still far away from us now." Captain Yu has been holding a telescope to observe the speed and direction of the fish and command the fishing boat.

When the fish swam towards them and were still a hundred meters away, Captain Yu commanded the crew to cast the net, using the traditional gillnet.

Jiang Anning and Kong Lingsheng stood on the deck, holding their breath, looking at the fish not far away.

Kong Lingsheng held a telescope in his hand, which was specially assigned to him by the institute for research and observation. He did not forget to draw and write on paper while observing.

When the tuna entered the range of the fishing net, Jiang Anning clenched his fists nervously and stared at the front.

"Lift the net." Captain Yu shouted.

As the huge fishing net was dragged out of the water by the fishing boat, the yellowfin tuna in the fishing net kept flopping and hitting numerous waves on the sea surface.

Such a grand scene shocked everyone.

When the fishing net was dragged onto the deck, the huge body of the yellowfin tuna was exposed on the deck, and the crew rushed to catch the fish.