129(End)

◎End of the main text◎

In this era, hospitals can allow family members to enter to accompany the birth. The doctor came to check Fang Xiu's condition. Fang Xiu was only three fingers dilated, and there was still some time before she gave birth.

Qu Ying: "Doctor, my daughter-in-law is giving birth for the first time. I want to go in and accompany her when she gives birth."

The doctor wore a mask. If you look closely, the exposed eyebrows and eyes are somewhat similar to Fang Li and Fang Xiu. He frowned and said: "Comrade, it is not appropriate for you to go in. It is better to let the husband of the pregnant woman go in to accompany the birth."

Qu Ying's face was anxious: "Doctor, my son is a soldier. He is currently on a mission and cannot come back."

Fang Li stood beside Qu Ying and nodded to the doctor.

"Since your husband is not here, then you go in."

Qu Ying breathed a sigh of relief.

An hour later, when Fang Xiu was about to enter the delivery room, Qu Ying's confidant came to her and whispered a few words to her. Qu Ying's face changed drastically and she looked embarrassed.

Fang Li spoke up in time: "Aunt Qu, if you have something important, go ahead. I'll take care of Fang Xiu here."

Qu Ying weighed the pros and cons again and again, and had to give up accompanying the birth. Before leaving, she left her confidant behind and held Fang Li's hand, "Then I'll trouble you, Lili. When Fang Xiu gives birth, Aunt Qu will definitely thank you very much."

"You're polite. Xiuxiu is my sister. It's my duty to take care of her."

Fang Li smiled gently and watched Qu Ying leave. After retracting her gaze, she looked at Qu Ying's confidant, nodded slightly, and followed the nurse to make preparations.

On the other side, Zhou Shuting was pushed in. Her condition was serious and she needed a caesarean section immediately.

Although caesarean sections were already available in the 1970s, the technology started late, the medical conditions were effective, and there were not many doctors who could perform such operations. It was a challenge for both the pregnant woman and the child.

"Brother-in-law, this is the meat porridge that my eldest sister-in-law made for my third sister before I came. Before my third sister gives birth, you can give her some to replenish her energy." Jiang Anning handed Pei Qingsong the meat porridge with a cup of rich moonlight flower dew.

There is a saying among the people that seven months of life means eight months of life. My third sister is now seven months pregnant, and the fetus is not fully developed. If she gives birth prematurely, both the pregnant woman and the child will be in danger. She had saved the moonlight flower dew for a long time and added it all to the meat porridge.

Zhou Shuting was in so much pain that she had no strength to speak, and her forehead was covered in sweat.

Pei Qingsong's face was pale, and he forced himself to thank Jiang Anning, and accompanied Zhou Shuting into the delivery room.

Jiang Anning was waiting outside, looking at the delivery room, with worry in her eyes. Because Anan was developing well, she often gave her food with moonflowers added since her third sister became pregnant, hoping that the moonflower dew could help her third sister and the child.

Zhou Enjin hugged her shoulders and squeezed, "Don't worry, the third sister has been eating moonflower dew since she became pregnant. Her physical fitness and the child's development are good, and she will be fine."