56

Jiang Anning looked embarrassed.

Logically speaking, exporting litchi honey is a rare opportunity for the sideline group. It not only means that the bee breeding of the sideline group will be on the right track from now on, but also means that there will be a large source of income.

But the problem is that they don't have that much litchi honey now.

"Comrade Wu, we also want to export lychee honey to earn foreign exchange for the country, but we don't have that much lychee honey." Jiang Anning calculated the amount of lychee honey stored in the office of the sideline group in his mind, and continued: "The remaining lychee honey stock in the army is only 300 kilograms."

Wu Xuechen didn't expect the quantity to be so small. This quantity is far from the 10 tons that Mr. Smith wanted. "I wonder if there is a way to brew more honey? Mr. Smith is traveling to China for the first time. Lychee honey is the first product he has set his sights on. It is related to future export cooperation."

No matter how demanding Smith's request is, they will do their best to satisfy the other party. The country is now in great need of foreign exchange. Whether it is to purchase advanced equipment and technology or to exchange abroad, foreign exchange is needed. Without foreign exchange, foreign development will be greatly restricted.

Master Qi does not know much about honey cultivation, but he also hopes to help with foreign exchange. "I wonder how much honey Mr. Smith needs?"

Wu Xuechen: "Because it is the first cooperation, Mr. Smith does not want much, just ten tons, which is 20,000 kilograms of litchi honey."

Jiang Anning took a breath of cool air, 20,000 kilograms.

If the quantity is not much, she can still think of a way. 20,000 kilograms is not a number that can be obtained by thinking of ways. Without enough bee colonies and nectar plants, it is impossible to meet the demand by collecting bulk goods from members.

Master Qi and the chief steward also sighed. They still know how their own bee colonies are. Such a high output is simply impossible to achieve.

"Mr. Smith will stay in Guangzhou until July. We just need to meet his needs before he leaves." Mr. Smith's request at this time is also a test. If it can be completed, the subsequent export cooperation will be smoother.

"The export purchase price of litchi honey is 8 yuan per catty. With the foreign exchange subsidy, it can reach 9 yuan per catty."

This price is more than half more than what they sold to the Guangzhou Supply and Marketing Cooperative. If it is one or two months in advance, she will do whatever it takes to get it.

"Comrade Wu, it's not a matter of money." Jiang Anning frowned slightly. "It's very difficult to achieve this output. First of all, it's the bee problem. This year is our first year trying honey breeding. We have very few bee colonies, only more than 100 boxes."

She continued: "This is not the main problem. The biggest problem is the source of nectar. The flowering period of lychees is from March to May. At this time, most lychees have passed their peak flowering period. Without enough lychee flowers, even if there are enough bees, honey cannot be produced."

If it was just a problem with the bee colony, she could still solve it. At most, she could go to a few more places and use moonlight flower dew to attract more bees. But it's useless if the nectar source problem cannot be solved.

The lychee flowers of several farms that Aman had contacted before were all past their flowering period. Even the late-maturing varieties in the farm have mostly withered flowers.