127

It was inconvenient for Zhou Shuting to go back to the capital, so Aunt Liu followed Brother-in-law Pei and the others back to the capital. The day after they left, Jiang Anning and Zhou Enjin also took Tieniu and An on the train back to Jincheng.

Zhou Enjin booked a sleeper ticket, and Jiang Anning and he both had a quota for sleeper tickets. The train station was particularly crowded these days, especially when it was almost the Spring Festival. There were crowds of people. Educated youth and soldiers returning to their hometowns to visit their relatives could be seen everywhere.

Zhou Enjin wanted to take things for several people, Jiang Anning held An An, and no one held Tieniu.

Jiang Anning looked at the crowded train station and felt uneasy. With so many people, let alone children, it would be difficult for an adult to find a place once they got in.

Just as she was thinking, she heard a woman screaming miserably: "Where is my child? My child is gone."

Fortunately, it was just a false alarm. The woman's child was near her, but was blocked by adults.

After this incident, Jiang Anning dared not let the iron bull hold her again. The child was very small and could easily slip out of her hand if squeezed.

"Enjin, help me take out the sling."

Jiang Anning gave the child to Zhou Enjin, fastened the sling herself, and carried the child tightly on her chest, holding the iron bull with her remaining hand.

After making sure that there was no problem, they began to squeeze onto the train.

The sleeper berths were not as crowded as the seat berths, so they squeezed for a while and found their way onto the train. In just a short while, the foreheads of two adults and a child were sweating from the crowd.

Zhou Enjin walked in front, escorting Tieniu, his wife and children to the carriage. After finding a seat and putting away the luggage, they had a chance to sit down and rest.

They booked two lower berths, which were more convenient.

Zhou Enjin took out a military water bottle from the luggage and handed it to them to drink. After they finished drinking, he continued to drink.

"I'll get some hot water." His eyes fell on his wife's sweaty forehead and face, and he silently took the towel to wash her face.

People got on the train one after another, and soon Jiang Anning's upper and middle berths were full of people. When Zhou Enjin came back, the train moved slowly.

"Why did you take so long? You must be hungry. Eat something." Jiang Anning took out some coconut biscuits and bread baked in a bakery from her backpack and fed them to her husband first. She would buy some more food when the food vendors came.

At noon, a small car appeared at the end of the carriage. It was selling boxed lunches.

"Comrade, what dishes do you have today?" someone asked.

Train staff: "Pineapple and sweet and sour pork, white cloud pork knuckle, braised pork, fish balls, barbecued pork, roasted goose, pickled mustard greens 50 cents, with two vegetarian dishes and a soup, a lunch box 90 cents, no ticket required."

The man gulped, "I want a pineapple and sweet and sour pork."

"I want a Cantonese barbecued pork rice."

Seven or eight more people ordered lunch boxes.

Those who could live in the berths were either themselves or their family members were cadres or leaders, and they had good conditions. They all ordered a portion of pickled mustard greens that did not require a ticket.