Chapter 11

Yeri was badly shaken by the incident. Even though the liver-digging devil expressed disinterest in his liver because of its poor condition, he still did not dare to return home alone. In the end, he decided to just rest at the studio's rest area and freeload at his colleague's place after work.

"This guy, even after experiencing such a terrifying incident, he's still able to fall asleep in seconds. He sure has great mental fortitude." Wendy brought a thin blanket over to cover the sleeping Yeri.

"It's not because of his fortitude." Jisoo started to pull the curtains shut.

"Then why?"

"It's because...," his gaze swept to the Sweet-dreams Doll in Yeri's hand. He replied half-jokingly, "it could be due to that Sweet-dreams Doll."

"Is it that effective? In that case, I shall beg for one from the lady boss later. With all the editing done recently, my dreams have been filled with the scenes from the scripts. They could be considered nightmares too, right?" Wendy said in jest.

Jisoo did not reply to him and left after drawing the curtains close.

At the other side of the office, Lisa was persuading Irene to leave the studio. "You shouldn't stay around here any longer. The officer said that the targets of the liver-digging devil were all young girls. Since he has his sight on Yeri right now, he may still be in the vicinity surveying the area. If he were to spot you, it would be troubling."

"Is it because I do not work late nights and have a healthier liver compared to Yeri?" Irene asked.

"I guess so...."

"It's alright. I can protect myself." She replied with confidence.

"The liver-digging devil is different from the man we met the night before." Lisa reined in his temper and explained further, "I know your witchcraft power is very powerful. But the darkness of human nature is unfathomable. As the saying goes, it is easy to avoid a spear in the day but difficult to dodge an arrow in the night. Do you understand?"

If the liver-digging devil was an evil spirit or demon, he would not be so worried about her. However, it seemed like the devil was clearly just a normal human being. Sometimes, humans were even more terrifying than evil spirits.

"But didn't the officer say that it was alright as long as I didn't stay alone? I'm hanging out in the studio during the day and going home together with you at night. Isn't this much safer than being alone?" Irene asked.

He understood the logic behind her reasoning. However, it would be best for her to not be seen by the devil in the first place compared to living each day with wariness.

However, Lisa decided not to pursue the matter further. In any case, he always remained clear-headed even when he was in a dream and would be able to sense the slightest disturbance in the real world. So, there wasn't much of an issue if she wished to remain in the studio.

"I'll leave it up to you. I'm heading back to work. Call me if you need help." Lisa did not continue to persuade her and left.

After he left, Irene took out the novel that she had not completed yesterday and continued reading. Her love for her dearest husband deepened the more she read his work. The plot of this novel was not just great, the writing was equally fantastic too.

Jisoo prepared a small plate of snacks and brought it to Irene. "Yesterday, boss had to put in extra hours as he was rushing to meet the submission deadline. He should be ending work on time today."

"Thank you." She had a great impression of Jisoo, who always brought food to her.

He glanced towards the Sweet-dreams Doll placed at the window ledge just a small distance away, and said while feigning curiosity, "Lady boss, why did you put that doll at the window ledge?"