Chapter 51

Seulgi was in a great mood today. He did not expect that lady boss would gift him a Sweet-dreams Doll the moment she returned from her military training.

"I'm heading back first." Seulgi printed out the scripts which he had finished editing and stapled them together. He then passed the stapled scripts to Yeri. "Help me bring this up after you are finished with yours."

"You're heading off so early today?" Yeri took a look at the time-it was only 8pm. Usually during peak periods of rushing out scripts, they would need to work overtime until after 10pm before they could return home.

"Going back home to sleep early today." Seulgi explained.

"Oh right, the Sweet-dreams Doll." Yeri replied, envy written all over his face.

"Just in time for me to return to try it out and verify if it was really as effective as what you had described. You said that after sleeping with it for a night, it was as if one's soul underwent a spa." Ever since the rest were rejected by lady boss when they asked her for a Sweet-dreams Doll previously, Yeri had frequently boasted about the excellent effects of the Sweet-dreams Doll in front of them. For example, Yeri said that it was as if he could hear the voices of angels singing, his blanket felt like the loving embrace of a mother, a true soul spa-all sorts of exaggerated metaphors.

"Only positive reviews after trying it." Yeri gave Seulgi a thumbs-up with a confident grin plastered on his face.

"I'm leaving." Seulgi returned a smile and waved goodbye.

Seulgi's home was not far from the studio. Immediately after exiting the industrial park, there was a bus stop where he could catch a public bus that would take only 20 minutes to reach his house. He stood at the bus stand and only waited for a little while before his direct bus home arrived. Seulgi took a few steps up into the bus and searched for a window seat at the back of the bus. He then put on his earphones and watched the scenery outside the window.

This was the most relaxing time of his entire day. Sometimes, when he spotted something interesting outside the window, he would also note it down as reference materials for his future literary works. Soon, 20 minutes passed and the bus reached his stop. Seulgi alighted and bought a bowl of hot dry noodles habitually along the way back home. He carried the noodles takeaway in one hand as he waited for the traffic light to turn green. He stayed in the district just across the road.

Seulgi stared at the number on the traffic light as it counted down from 10 to 9, until it reached 1. Just when he was prepared to cross the road as the traffic light turned green, a voice called out for him from behind.

"Young man, wait a moment."

Seulgi was stunned, his right leg, which was lifted up in mid-air, circled back instead as he turned his body around to look behind, "Boss, you...."

At the exact same moment, a black car sped past his side with a loud whoosh. The wind resulting from the high speed of the car almost toppled him to the ground.

Seulgi was somewhat befuddled. He subconsciously turned around to look at the road. There was a couple walking over from across the road-their expressions seemed normal. That speeding car had already sped so far away that its number plate was no longer visible. However, since nothing actually happened to him, he forgot about the incident the very next moment.

"Boss, you called me?" Seulgi turned around to look at the owner of the hot dry noodles stall.

"Yes, I forgot to put my secret sauce in your bowl of hot dry noodles. Bring it back to me, I will mix the noodles for you again. If not, it won't be delicious." The owner said.