Chapter 17

11PM AT NIGHT

Lisa drew the curtains close, locked his room door, switched off the lights and prepared to enter into the world of dreamscapes.

Due to contact with that person during the day, he was able to enter into her dream very easily.

The dreamscape was pitch dark without a single trace of light. This was the most common form of a nightmare; a manifestation of the dreamer's despair and fear. To meet such a scene the moment he entered the dream, meant that the dreamer was constantly plagued with nightmares night after night .

The darkness did not persist. Soon, the dreamscape scenery started to change and Lisa found himself in an unknown room.

The room was not large, just about 20 sqm. There was a double bed that was covered with a pink bed sheet located in the center of the room. With a single look, he could tell that this was the room of a young girl. At this moment, the sound of a lock turning came from the door. A young lady wearing office clothes pushed open the door and entered.

Lisa recognised her. She was the fortunate survivor that he met in the hospital during the day. In the dreamscape, the girl had exquisite makeup on. Even though lethargy could be seen on her face, he could tell that she was still spirited. This was vastly different from what he saw in the hospital right now.

She must have been extremely exhausted as she threw her bag onto the table at the side and jumped towards her bed without even removing her work clothes. She then twisted her body and continuously swung her legs in a kicking motion to get rid of the high heels she was wearing.

"Let's go to sleep and shower later." The girl mumbled and fell into a deep sleep soon after.

After that, the dreamscape changed again. Feeling slightly parched, the girl drowsily opened her eyes, only to discover an unknown man towering in front of her bed. He wore black from head to toe and had his head lowered as he continuously stabbed her stomach with something in his hand.

The terrified girl wanted to scream. However, she noticed that she could not make a sound nor even move her limbs when she tried to get up.

"Hm? You're awake?" The liver-digging devil lifted his head. Lisa carefully analyzed his appearance. He realized that the liver-digging devil was fully cloaked from top to bottom. A hat covered his head, a mask on his face and a pair of goggles with dark-colored lenses over his eyes.

It was a must for doctors to use surgical lighting in operating theatres so that they would be able to see clearly when conducting surgeries. However, the liver-digging devil was cutting into his victim in an environment with very dim lighting. He was even wearing shaded goggles. This showed that he was not at all concerned with the accuracy of his cuts as he sliced open his victims.

The girl caught sight of a bloody surgical knife that was held in the liver-digging devil's hand. She came to a sudden realization and struggled while trying to scream but she realized that she could do neither. However, Lisa could hear her as he was using her senses to experience this dreamscape and could even feel her current emotions.

It was the feeling of fear and despair as she witnessed someone digging into her liver, making one cut after the other while wide-awake.

Her desperate plea to not kill her could not be vocalized.

Lisa frowned and struggled to not let her emotions affect him. He then continued to observe the development of the dreamscape. When he saw that the liver-digging devil had dug out half of her liver, he felt that the time was about right and reached out to touch the liver-digging devil in the dreamscape.

At this moment, the figure of the liver-digging devil turned into a black whirlpool and sucked Lisa into another dreamscape.

He succeeded.