Chapter 115

Lisa hugged the girl in his arms with a death grip even when the ambulance arrived and through the rushed journey to the hospital. No one was able to separate the 2 of them until an anxious doctor shouted, "If you continue hugging her, we will not be able to save her. Do you want her to die in your arms?"

Lisa snapped back to his senses upon hearing this and immediately loosened his hold.

"Quick, send her to the resuscitation room. Also, get more people in here and bring him for a checkup." From the doctor's point of view, even if the man before him was wide awake, his facial complexion looked worse than the comatose lady in his arms.

IN THE EARLY MORNING OF THE NEXT DAY

The 4 studio employees who had received the news rushed over to the hospital together.

"Boss." The 4 of them stepped into the ward and greeted in a mindful manner.

In the ward, Lisa, who was dressed in a hospital gown, was silently sitting by the bedside-where Irene was lying on-while tightly holding onto her hand. His expression was solemn as he remained silent the entire time. His brows didn't crease the slightest even when the 4 employees caused such a huge ruckus as they barged in.

In such a heavy atmosphere, it could not help but lead the 4 employees' minds to think of the worst. Could it be that lady boss....

Thinking of this, their eyes reddened immediately.

At this moment, the hospital ward door was pushed open again. The doctor, who was doing his routine rounds, stepped in. His heart jumped when he noticed the depressing atmosphere permeating the room. Could it be that the patient's condition had worsened?

With this thought stuck in his mind, he approached the hospital bed with hurried steps and started to do a check on the comatose Irene. Realizing that it was just a false alarm, he grumbled, "Isn't this patient just fine? Why do you guys look so depressed? You guys gave me a scare earlier on with the looks on your faces."

It was only after hearing the doctor's words did Lisa finally had some reaction. He looked at the doctor and asked, "Doctor, how is Irene's condition?"

"Don't worry. She is fine. She probably suffered from an extreme shock from last night's incident and is still in a comatose state. It's not a serious matter." The doctor answered Lisa's question patiently. He had witnessed how this man had held onto his girlfriend's hand the entire night without letting go. The doctor was afraid that if his explanation was unclear, this man would turn insane. "One is bound to enjoy good fortune after surviving a great disaster. You need not worry too much. To fall from such a great height and yet not suffer from any serious injuries except for minor scratches is already considered a miracle. Oh right, was there anything cushioning your fall when the both of you fell down yesterday?"

However, Lisa did not respond and just stared at the doctor.

The doctor coughed awkwardly. Alright, he understood that it was not exactly appropriate for him to ask this question at this point of time. However, anyone would be curious about how both of them were able to escape unharmed after plunging into the river from a great height of 200m.

"Erm, in any case, you need not worry too much. I reckon your girlfriend would wake up in just a bit." The doctor gave a few more simple instructions before leaving the ward.

"Boss, don't worry too much since lady boss is alright. I bought breakfast. Have some." Jisoo took out the breakfast he had bought at the hospital entrance and placed it on the table beside Lisa.

"How's the situation at the villa?" Lisa did not spare a look at the breakfast and asked instead.

Yesterday night, only after the doctor informed him that Irene was alright did Lisa recall the matters at the villa.