Chapter 131

A 40-episode serial drama was certainly unlike those one-off criminal cases-where the stories could be told within 100,000 words-that Lisa wrote previously. Thus, he definitely could not finish this serial drama story within a day's time. So when the end of office hours arrived, he immediately switched off his computer after uploading his final chapter for the day.

The first being that spotted Lisa after he came downstairs was Winter. The doll was currently holding on to a bubble maker toy given to it by someone. Upon spotting Lisa, it swiftly ran over to him with its short legs. While it ran over, the bubble maker-which was filled with soap water-started to produce many colourful soap bubbles.

"AHH! AHHHHH!" Winter stood in front of Lisa and excitedly pointed at the colourful bubbles it created, as if saying: Father, wasn't Winter awesome?

Lisa took a look at the soap bubbles filling the surroundings and chuckled. He then bent down to carry Winter and asked, "Did you have fun?"

"AHH!" Winter nodded its head twice to express that it was extremely happy.

"Boss, are you going off from work?" Jisoo then discovered Lisa's presence and walked over with an evasive look, as if he had something to say.

Should I ask? If I asked, boss would definitely be furious. Plus, there's no point in asking if boss chooses to deny it.

Lisa's brows creased as he stared at Jisoo in silence but did not take the initiative to question his employee. After all, aside from Irene, he did not divulge the fact to anyone else that his ability had evolved to the point where he could hear other people's thoughts even when they were awake.

This ability was even more formidable than his ability to dreamwalk and would incite fear in others.

Boss looks fairly normal now. There's no signs of him going berserk. In fact, he looks like he has an even better temperament compared to before. Could the association be mistaken?

Lisa's eyes darkened. He guessed that the MA had probably ordered Jisoo to probe into the matter of his awakening.

Actually, he did not plan to hide his awakening from the MA in the first place. Otherwise, he would not have openly used his powers in front of the 3 MA members at Lishan Villa the other day. He could also have permanently silenced those 3 after using his powers, yet he did not do so.

Before heading to Lishan, he had devoured many malicious ghosts in front of his own villa. It was impossible for the association to be unaware of it. Besides, in order to have the ability to protect Irene, his true powers would awaken eventually. Moreover, MA had never stopped monitoring him. If they really wanted to take action against him, they would not have gotten Jisoo to approach him and attempt to dig for information. On the contrary, instructing Jisoo meant that they had no plans to take action against him, or perhaps they did not dare to do so. Therefore, Lisa concluded that the MA only wanted to know what stage his powers had awakened to.

"Do you have business with me?" Lisa saw that Jisoo had been hesitant to speak up and decided to directly offer an opportunity to talk about it. He also had some words he wanted to convey to the MA if Jisoo ultimately chose to question him.

"Ah? Erm, I-...I wanted to ask if you would be bringing Winter over tomorrow?" Jisoo asked.

No. No, I can't ask. Even if I ask, it should be after receiving my salary. Alright, I admit that I don't have the guts to ask. I'm just a spineless coward.

Lisa was speechless.

"I will be bringing Winter to work from now on." Lisa answered.

"Oh, that's good. I will buy some toys for Winter tomorrow." The cowardly Jisoo replied.