Chapter 143

MA BRANCH OF HAI CITY

The prominent figures from various metaphysical sects painstakingly awaited the arrival of the envoy from the Underworld. It wasn't until 10 pm at night that they finally caught sight of the envoy-Taeyeon, who had taken time to first visit his younger sister and enjoyed a good meal and drinks beforehand.

Taeyeon entered through the front doors of the association and announced his identity. He was immediately ushered into the meeting room, where the metaphysical practitioners had been all waiting in.

"I'm the head chairman of the Metaphysical Association in China, Ju Xiong. It is truly an honour to make your acquaintance, esteemed envoy." Ju Xiong politely greeted Ghost Gentleman on the behalf of all the members in the meeting room.

"Greetings, everyone. My name is Taeyeon." Ghost Gentleman scanned the room, noting that he had not met any of them before.

That's great. None of the people here were aware of his relationship with Irene. It would be easier to deceive them later on.

"Envoy Taeyeon, please take a seat." Ju Xiong guided Taeyeon to the seat of honour in the meeting room.

Ghost Gentleman did not stand on ceremony. He walked over with large strides, and sat down calmly.

"Apologies for the delay. The current energy state in Hai City is quite chaotic, so I refrained from using my powers." Ghost Gentleman, who had gone for a meal after stepping into the mortal realm, expressed his apology guiltily.

"Envoy, you need not stand on ceremony with us. Given Hai City's current tense circumstances, we've spent the entire afternoon deliberating without finding any solutions. We are eager to know if the Underworld has any appropriate suggestions." Ju Xiong wasn't concerned about the minor issue of Taeyeon's lateness; his primary focus was on finding immediate solutions to address the ongoing crisis.

"Very well. Allow me to elucidate the Underworld's perspective on this matter." Ghost Gentleman was very direct and went straight into addressing the issue. "Upon learning of the Ghost King's emergence, we swiftly convened an emergency meeting led by the Purgatory King. Subsequent to the meeting's conclusion, the Underworld has formulated 2 distinct plans of action."

Everyone in the meeting room perked up. The Underworld had strategies for them.

"The first approach is to persuade the Ghost King to lay down his arms. Another envoy of the Underworld went to Lishan yesterday to speak with Ghost King. However, given the incessant snow flurries outside, and my arrival here, you can likely surmise the outcome of that discussion."

Chills struck everyone's heart. Naturally, had the negotiation gone well, the Ghost King would have departed by now, resulting in the cessation of the snow in Hai City, and the Underworld envoy before them would not have needed to come.

"The second approach is to simply engage."

Using force if negotiation fails. The ideas from the Underworld sure were simple and violent.

"May I humbly seek guidance from the esteemed envoy on how we should fight this war and who should we fight against?" Ju Xiong asked.

"Of course it's against the Ghost King. Otherwise, which other parties do you still want to engage?" Ghost Gentleman asked in bewilderment. "Could it be that besides Ghost King, there are other perpetrators in this case?"

Stunned by Ghost Gentleman's inquiry, Ju Xiong hesitated to broach the topic of Ephialtes. Moreover, considering Ghost Gentleman's composed demeanour, could it be that the Underworld knows how to exterminate Ghost King?

"In that case, how should we besiege Ghost King?" Ju Xiong politely asked.

"As for this matter, the onus naturally falls upon your shoulders," Ghost Gentleman replied. "Dispatching our forces from the Underworld to this realm would undoubtedly wreak havoc akin to a Ghost King's rampage. Hence, Purgatory King earnestly hopes that we can rely on the metaphysical practitioners here to safeguard the mortal realm."