Chapter 29

MIDNIGHT, 12AM

Lisa felt that it was about time. He finished the red wine remaining in the glass in one go and headed towards the living room. He casually placed the wine glass on the side table and leaned against the sofa.

"Lights off."

The smart lights recognized his command and switched off accordingly. The living room was darkened completely in an instant. Lisa then began to enter into the world of dreamscapes.

When he located the entrance to Headmaster Hong's dreamscape, he discovered that his dreamscape entrance was different from others. There was a layer of faint yellow light covering it that seemed to be preventing him from entering. Lisa had a similar encounter in the past. At that time, he tried to enter a metaphysical grandmaster's dreamscape but was blocked by a similar-looking yellow aura covering the entrance.

Lisa previously surmised that the yellow aura was a special method that the metaphysical practitioners used to deal with him. However, Headmaster Hong was clearly not a member of the metaphysical society. Where could this yellow aura have come from? Could it be that someone found out his plan to invade the dreamscape of Headmaster Hong tonight?

"She wanted to steal my Buddhist prayer beads bracelet."

The Buddhist prayer beads! Lisa immediately understood what was going on.

He reached out with his hand to touch the layer of yellow aura. The aura immediately started to swirl and purify his Ephialtes power that was surrounding him. The rich and dense black energy was gradually being diluted by the yellow aura. However, the purification effect was not very strong. An idea struck Lisa's mind. He took a sudden step forward to push through the aura and managed to disperse it. Soon, the entrance of the dreamscape emerged right in front of him.

It appeared that the Buddhist prayer beads bracelet was not intentionally used to target him. It just had some sort of a mind soothing effect on the wearer. This effect could only allow ordinary humans to sleep peacefully and distance themselves from nightmares. However, it was only effective against nightmares created by the wearers themselves and was unable to prevent the invasion of Ephialtes.

Lisa successfully entered into Headmaster Hong's dreamscape. As usual, the surroundings were filled with a vast expanse of white space. It was similar to the liver-digging devil's dreamscape. Headmaster Hong must be another person who hardly dreamt.

Lisa raised his hand and gave a wave in the air. The white mist slowly faded away and revealed many vibrant and colorful dreamscape bubbles of different sizes.

"Oh, it's not that he doesn't dream frequently. It's just that his dreams were being suppressed." He noticed that on the top of the colorful dreamscape bubbles that filled the entire space of the dreamscape, was a layer of transparent dreamscape bubbles that were covered by a yellow aura, causing them to be unable to move.

The existence of each dreamscape bubble meant that the owner had such a dream in the past. When the dreamscape bubble's colour was plain, it meant that the dreamscape effect on the owner was minimal. However, this was only if it were under normal circumstances. For this layer of dreamscape bubbles in front of him, even though their colours were the plainest and most transparent compared to the rest, they were enveloped by the yellow aura. This meant that these dreamscapes were forcibly controlled by the Buddhist aura from the Buddhist prayer beads bracelet.

"It seems that you have quite a lot of nightmares, Headmaster Hong." However, Lisa did not bother flipping through Headmaster Hong's nightmares. He currently had a more important thing to do.

"Ghost doll." Lisa summoned the first dreamscape that he required.

A transparent dreamscape bubble swiftly escaped from the bindings of the yellow aura and floated down to Lisa. He reached out to open the dreamscape.