Chapter 85

Lisa's injury had seemed serious, but fortunately, it was only a surface wound. When he arrived at the hospital, he was given a simple suture of his wound for treatment. However, he exerted a lot of energy during the period where Ephialtes' powers lost control, so he was currently still in a comatose state. His doctor could only account his situation to excessive blood loss.

With Jisoo around, Irene did not need to worry about the administrative matters for Lisa's hospitalization. She only needed to accompany Lisa's side.

"As the patient's condition is not serious, he should be regaining consciousness soon. He just needs to ensure that he has ample rest these days." The doctor-in-charge could not help but speak in a gentle tone when faced with Irene's anxious big eyes. This person lying on the bed was just recently rescued from a group of organ traffickers by the police. It could be even considered as escaping from a death trap. As his family, this young lady must have been scared witless.

"Would he be fine as long as he has ample rest?" Irene inquired further.

"Yes, his wound might look frightening but it is actually not that deep. It's just that he lost a significant amount of blood. As long as he rests well and eats more food that aids in blood replenishment, he will soon regain his health." The doctor-in-charge gently repeated Lisa's condition again.

"I understand. Thank you very much." After repeatedly confirming Lisa's condition with the doctor, Irene finally let out a sigh of relief.

"It's alright. If there are any issues, just call for the nurses. They will notify me," The doctor-in-charge felt that he had pacified a frantic family member and left the room in a jovial mood.

Not long after the doctor had left, the 4 studio employees entered the ward together. They all had something in their hands-food items, daily necessities and anything that could be used during the hospitalization. They bought everything that they could think of.

After finishing this task, the 4 of them knew that there was nothing much they could do and so they simply gave Irene a greeting before returning to the studio together. They had skipped almost an entire day of work today. Even though it was for a legitimate reason, they could not just leave the studio operations aside. Besides, if boss suddenly woke up and asked them for scripts, it would end in disastrous results if they could not bring any scripts out.

After the 4 of them left the ward, the ward completely fell into silence. Irene initially moved a chair to sit beside Lisa so that he could immediately see her when he woke up. However, as she watched over him, she started to doze off.

Lisa was not the only person who exerted too much energy today. Irene, too, also used up a large portion of her powers. She used her blood essence to draw the spell formation and summoned almost all the souls in the entire city to help in her search. Therefore, the amount of witch powers she spent was significantly higher than usual. The current her was so weak that she could not even give Lisa a blessing. Otherwise, she would definitely have used her witch powers to relieve Lisa's pain.

The doctor earlier mentioned that it was best for her dearest husband to rest well during this period.

Irene pondered for a moment before standing up abruptly. She walked up to the bed and pulled away the blanket on Lisa's body. She then took off her shoes and climbed onto the bed. She then carefully laid by Lisa's side and covered both of them with the blanket. It was fortunate that the hospital bed in the single-person ward was slightly bigger than the beds in the other wards. Even though it was slightly cramped, Irene could still lie down beside him.

After adjusting herself and ensuring that she would not press onto her dearest husband's wound, Irene placed Winter at the bedhead. She instructed it in a soft tone, "Winter, my dearest husband needs rest. I'm also a bit tired. We are going to sleep for a while together."