Chapter 37

Another day arrived.

Lisa and Irene entered the studio just as the time reached the official working hours. When they entered through the studio entrance, they spotted someone with an exceptionally cheerful expression.

"Morning boss, morning lady boss. Lady boss, I brought you some crab roe buns today." Jisoo opened the lid of the takeaway box that contained the crab roe buns and gave the box to Irene.

"Thank you, Jisooya."

Irene was reaching out to take the box when she heard Lisa's question, "Weren't you going to resign?"

"Ah! Jisooya, you're resigning?" She was so shocked that she did not care about taking the crab roe buns any more.

"I-...I-...." The reason why Jisoo was able to work under Lisa for a long period of time, even to the point where he had not been chased away despite his undercover identity being exposed, was due to his extremely high EQ level and his speed in admitting his wrongdoings. He immediately bent his body and gave Lisa a huge 90 degree bow. "Boss, I was wrong. Please give me another chance."

At this point of time, he would not dare to refute his boss with the fact that it was indeed his boss that called him yesterday to ask him to return to work. Neither would he dare to question why his boss had suddenly changed his mind.

If he were to voice out his true thoughts, even if his boss did not want to fire him yesterday, his boss would probably have axed him off right now.

Irene was startled for a moment. She pondered for a while before seemingly comprehending the situation. It looked like Jisoo had committed a mistake, thus leading her dearest husband wanting to fire Jisoo. She secretly observed the expression on Lisa's face. It seemed that he was pretty calm and was not angry at all. She looked back on the times Jisoo brought her snacks in this past period of time and could not resist the thought of returning this favor.

She moved closer to Lisa and covertly poked his arm with her finger.

Lisa lowered his head and gave her a questioning look.

She then tiptoed and struggled to reach his ear level before pleading in a tiny voice, "Jisooya brought me food today. Could you give him another chance, please?"

The lady boss was truly an angel.

Jisoo, who was currently still in his 90 degrees bowing position, had tears brimming in his eyes.

When Irene pleaded earlier, she had used a breathy tone. Her breath blew at Lisa's ears as she spoke, causing his ears to itch. He twisted his head away in a stiff motion and walked past Jisoo in a slightly panicking manner. As he escaped, he said, "Find me Qian Fei's filming contract."

"Understood." Jisoo replied back in a loud voice. He knew that he had attained his boss' approval. He waited for Lisa to leave the area completely before turning around to express his gratitude towards Irene. "Lady boss, thank you so much."

"You're welcome. However, don't make another mistake again in the future. If my dearest husband wants to fire you next time, I will not step in even if you gave me an infinite supply of food." Irene stated her stance clearly in advance to him.

"Don't worry. I will definitely not do it again." He passed the crab roe buns to her before continuing, "I'm going off to go find the contract."

After finishing his sentence, he swiftly headed towards the archive room to dig out the contract that Lisa wanted and brought it upstairs.

Ever since his cover as a spy had been discovered, MA no longer required Jisoo to continue his undercover role. As such, he felt very relaxed currently. He felt that the air had the scent of freedom, and a cool breeze blew wherever he went. Everyone else in the studio was puzzled at the sight of his joviality.