Chapter 96

ONE HOUR LATER

When an average-looking middle-aged man got out of the car and stepped into the main lobby of the hotel, Ghost Gentleman-who had been resting with his eyes closed-opened his eyes.

The black cat stayed in the same room as Ghost Gentleman. It maintained a guarded stance throughout. When Ghost Gentleman moved, it also jumped up immediately while shifting to a defensive posture.

"Very good, vigilant." Ghost Gentleman observed the astute reaction of the black cat and an appreciative smile formed on his face. For cooperative missions, it was definitely better to have a teammate that was smart.

"Diao Yongnian, who is also my current owner, is currently on his way up. Find somewhere to hide first. Don't let him find you." Ghost Gentleman instructed.

The black cat hesitated and did not move. There were still doubts in its mind.

"Don't worry. Diao Yongnian is an idiot. As long as you retrieve the finger phalanx, he would no longer be able to control me. Without me, he's just a useless piece of trash. He won't be able to catch you then." Ghost Gentleman looked around the surroundings. He then pointed at the gap below the television cabinet, "Hide there."

The black cat looked towards where he was pointing at to find a space below the television cabinet. Its cat instincts also felt that that particular spot was a good location. It was difficult for others to discover it if it laid there. In addition, the immediate surroundings were very spacious so there would be an easy route of escape once it exited the space.

The black cat sent one last odd look at Ghost Gentleman before turning around, nimbly jumping down from the sofa and sneaking into the space below the television cabinet in the blink of an eye. The instant it hid itself, the originally spirited Ghost Gentleman-who had been shrouded with a dense layer of ghost energy that it was even wary of-suddenly turned weak. His initial solid body swiftly faded into a translucent form, as if he was just an ordinary soul that could disperse into thin air at any time.

The black cat's big and round eyes instantly widened even larger. If it was not for that fact that it had personally witnessed the change, it would have thought that the other party was extremely weak and could be simply exterminated with a single swipe of its claws.

As expected of a ghost of a former human, he was so sly! The black cat thought harshly to itself.

Ghost Gentleman seemingly became aware of black cat's gaze on him. He turned his head to send a look towards the direction the black cat was in. He then lifted up his long and pale finger to his nose and shushed the cat.

Everything was now in place and ready.

About 2 minutes later, a beep sound came from the room door. Following which, a middle-aged man entered with hurried steps.

"Xiao Tao." Diao Yongnian shouted towards the room. However, the living room was extremely quiet and he did not receive any response.

Diao Yongnian was surprised and he started to observe the room. He then saw Ghost Gentleman on the sofa and looked extremely weak.

"Why do you look so frail?" Diao Yongnian was shocked at the sight of the debilitated Ghost Gentleman.

"I spent too much energy during the battle with that practitioner 2 days ago, but you refused to let me return to the phalanx to hibernate these days. It's not unusual for me to turn into such a weak state now." Ghost Gentleman rasped.

Diao Yongnian's expression gained a trace of awkwardness. Ghost Gentleman had indeed asked to return back to the bone to hibernate. However, such a hibernation would last 3 days. This meant that Ghost Gentleman would only wake up 3 days later. Now that MA had issued an arrest order for him, he could not afford to let his precious safeguard to enter into a deep sleep before he reached a safehouse. Therefore, he rejected Ghost Gentleman's request at that time. He would think about this request, but only after he leave Hai City.