Chapter 10

When they returned to his house, Lisa had already calmed down completely. Conversely, Irene was still enraged by the earlier situation.

He placed his parcel and the packet of glutinous rice chicken on the coffee table.

"The next time I see that man again, I'll definitely teach him a lesson he will never forget. We let him off too easily just now." Irene punched the coffee table in anger.

Lisa glanced at the parcel that had been knocked to the floor by the tremors of her punch. He picked it up and placed it on the table again before heading into the kitchen. After a while, he came out with a pair of chopsticks and passed them to Irene, "Eat, the glutinous rice chicken will be turning cold soon."

"Okay, I shall finish the food first before I continue scolding him." Irene took the chopsticks, tore open the packaging and took a bite. She felt the taste of the soft and sticky glutinous rice mixed with the aroma of tender chicken exploding in her mouth. In an instant, the malevolence pent up inside her disappeared and she melted into a puddle of happiness.

"This is so yummy. No wonder there was such a long queue at the store."

Lisa let out a laugh. He headed towards the refrigerator to take out a can of beer and another can of cola. He opened up the cola before passing it to Irene. He then took the beer and sat on the sofa at the side.

"My dearest husband, come and eat with me. Eh? Why did you only take one pair of chopsticks? I'll go take another pair for you." She got up and was about to head into the kitchen.

"You can go ahead, I'm not hungry." Lisa stopped her.

"At least try one bite. I bought it specially for you." Irene took a piece of the glutinous rice chicken with her chopsticks and held it near his mouth.

He stared at the piece of chicken momentarily before turning to look at the expectant expression on her face. Finally, he opened his mouth and ate the piece of chicken.

"Is it nice?" Irene asked eagerly.

"It's alright." Lisa seemed to have swallowed the piece whole, barely chewing at all.

She had taken at least 2 hours to queue for this glutinous rice chicken. Generally, others would still praise it, saying that it's good even if they did not like it. However, he truly disliked the taste of chicken-not commenting that it was horrible was the most he could do to keep her from feeling bad.

"Oh, you don't like to eat chicken? Then, I'll buy something else for you next time." Irene replied plainly.

She's not angry? Lisa was perplexed at her reaction. He watched as she continued to eat happily all by herself. She did not even say another word of persuasion for him to eat. He began to suspect that this little girl only asked him to eat out of courtesy earlier on, deep down inside her, she had hoped that he would reject her offer so that she could devour the entire dish by herself.

Though, compared to her lamenting his lack of appreciation of her hard work in queuing for 2 long hours to get the food, Lisa preferred the current reaction from Irene.

From the corner of his eyes, he spotted the Curse Doll that she haphazardly left on the sofa. He put down his beer and reached out for the doll.

He had already carefully inspected this doll during the day. Its facial features were very vivid and lifelike. The clothes it was wearing were handmade and it looked like a lot of effort was poured into it. Also, even he could tell that the embroideries on the outfit were woven very skillfully despite his limited knowledge on such matters.

"That curse just now, was that the power of a witch?" Lisa asked.

"Yes." Irene replied.

"Can you cast curses on anybody?"