Chapter 83

Within one of the offices in the vicinity of the industrial park, one of the hardworking corporate slaves suddenly sneezed, startling the rest of the other employees.

"Why is it freezing suddenly?"

"Didn't the weather forecast mention that the lowest temperature today is 22 degrees celsius?"

"What temperature is the air-conditioner currently? Is electricity free now?"

The office workers all started to comment on the situation. However, they simply remarked a few lines before lowering their head to continue working.

At the same time, all metaphysical practitioners in Hai City discovered the start of an extremely odd phenomenon. They noticed a sudden surge of ghosts on the streets. Those ghosts seemed to be attracted by something as they all collectively flew towards one particular direction. The most important point was that their speed was something not an ordinary ghost would be able to achieve. In addition, it was not limited to human souls, there were even souls of animals. As long as they were ghosts that had yet to enter the cycle of reincarnation in the Underworld, they were all rushing towards that direction.

"What's going on? Is it the birth of a ghost king?" A metaphysical practitioner was shocked and was continuously discussing the phenomenon in the MA group chat. There were even countless @mentions of the upper management of the MA.

The MA President, Qi Xiuran, was currently in a discussion with the rest of the MA upper management about this sudden phenomenon. He spotted the discussion in the MA group chat getting increasingly heated and all sorts of rumors started flying about. So he had no choice but to step out and make a statement.

Qi Xiuran: Everybody please remain calm. The association is currently verifying the situation.

With his statement, the discussion within the MA group chat finally calmed down significantly. No one @mention-ed him again. However, they still continued discussing the situation.

MA Member A: I nearly caught the ghost that I had been chasing for 3 days. Just when I was about to deal the final blow, he suddenly ran off. I swear, it isn't possible to achieve such a speed with less than 100 years of training.

MA Member B: Me too. I was in the midst of expelling a ghost from someone else. However, before I could use a Ghost Expulsion Talisman, the ghost came out of the possessed body by himself and flew off in a flash.

MA Member C: In that case, you sure earned a sum of money without much effort.

MA Member B: I have absolutely no idea what's going on with this phenomenon. I hope that ghost does not return to his former host again afterwards. I would have to provide after-sales service then, which may give the impression that my skill is lacklustre.

MA Member D: Do you all think that it could be due to a loss of balance of Yin energy somewhere that resulted in the gate to the Underworld accidentally opening, causing a ghost king to escape?

MA Member E: There was a ghost king that had fortuitously escaped during the Ghost Festival 2 years ago. At that time, he just stood at the top of the hill and let out a roar, which attracted tens of thousands of ghosts to gather. That scene pretty much looked like what's happening currently.

MA Member F: Has the association not tracked down the location? With so many ghosts. It'll be troublesome if they all lose control.

The discussions continued.

Jisoo read the various theories from the MA members in the group chat, feeling slightly apprehensive. He was the weakest practitioner in the group chat, yet he was the one closest to the truth. He was truly in a difficult predicament.