Chapter 86

THE NEXT DAY

Lisa was woken up by whispering voices. Even though the voices were extremely soft-as if afraid of disturbing him-he was still able to hear the conversation distinctly when he fully focused on it. It was a conversation between Irene and Winter.

"Winter, this incident cannot happen again. Do you understand?"

"WHATEVER YOUR LORDSHIP REQUIRES, THIS SERVANT SHALL OBEY."

Lisa's brows involuntarily creased together when he heard Winter's response. Was this a new line that that female ghost had taught Winter? As expected, none of the lines were decent.

"If there's anyone who bullies my dearest husband next time, even if they were ordinary mortals, just curse them."

"THIS SERVANT SHALL OBEY."

"You don't have to care about any backlash that I may experience. Anyone who bullies my dearest husband is considered to be bullying me too."

"THIS SERVANT SHALL OBEY."

"We will protect my dearest husband together."

"THIS SERVANT SHALL OBEY."

Lisa listened quietly to their conversation as he felt warmth continuously blooming in his heart. A smile formed on his face. His current emotions were as bright as the blazing sun outside the window.

"I'll leave my dearest husband in your hands when I go to school in the future."

"THIS SERVANT SHALL OBEY."

"You have to guard by his side at all times. When he's eating, sleeping, going to the toilet-...."

Cough! Lisa felt that if he did not wake up soon, Winter would be raised to become a perverted doll by Irene.

"My dearest husband!" The pair of human and doll turned their heads around at the same time towards the direction of the hospital bed with surprised expressions. The emotions on Winter's face were not distinctly expressive but one could clearly tell the elation within its big round eyes.

Irene directly jumped over the sofa and ran over.

Lisa sat up and leaned against the headboard. His gaze was gentle as he looked at the approaching Irene.

"My dearest husband, when did you wake up?" Irene asked.

"When you asked Winter to follow me to the toilet." Lisa shot a side glance at her.

"Ahem, that was just a rhetorical statement. Just an example. I wasn't literally instructing Winter to follow you to the toilet." Irene felt awkward under Lisa's stare. She did not think much about it when uttering those words earlier. However, now that she reflected upon what she had said, he would indeed definitely feel uncomfortable being stared at by someone-...no, even if it was Winter while using the toilet.

"With Winter's intellect, do you think it can understand your nuances?" Lisa asked.

Irene scratched her head. "It probably can't understand."

"Winter." Lisa gestured at Winter to come over.

It leapt down from the sofa immediately and pattered across the distance with its legs. Once it reached the side of the hospital bed, it climbed up the bed using both its hands and feet. It then obediently and silently stood at the side while looking at Lisa with a pair of wide eyes.

"Don't follow me to the toilet." Lisa said towards it in a serious tone.

Winter right now was still a fragmented soul. Therefore, it did not have a flexible personality and was mullish. As long as it was a task from Irene, Winter would definitely complete it with utmost seriousness. Thus, it was imperative that he re-conditioned Winter's mindset after a round of brainwashing by Irene.