Chapter 138

The headquarters of Hai City's MA was situated not far from Lisa's home. It used to be the official residence of a regional governor a century ago. There were even 2 majestic stone lions situated right at the entrance.

Even though Irene had threatened to knock on MA's front door several times, this was the first time she had visited the place.

Irene got out of the car and gazed at the sky which was filled with ghost energy with an awful expression on her face. Although she knew that she would be no match for Ghost King, she still felt exceptionally uncomfortable when facing such power head-on.

"Ah." It was also the first time that Winter felt some fear. It buried its head within Irene's embrace as it shivered. The reason why Winter had dared to bite a ghost general was because it knew that it could handle it. However, the power emanated by the ghost energy here was so scary that Winter felt an instinctive fear deep within itself.

"Don't be scared." Irene comforted Winter on reflex, but Winter still continued quivering.

Lisa got out of the other side of the car and walked over. His brows creased tightly when he looked at the doll in Irene's arms. It was the first time he saw Winter acting this way.

"My dearest husband, hold Winter instead." Irene passed the doll to Lisa,

It was odd but the shivering doll stopped shaking the moment it was within Lisa's embrace. However, it still did not dare to lift up its head to look at the ghost energy-filled sky. Instead, it clung tightly onto Lisa's clothes.

"I will head in to take a look." Irene said and was about to enter alone.

Lisa grabbed Irene and disagreed, "I will go in with you."

"No." She shook her head and rejected. "Your Ephialtes' powers are on the verge of awakening. If provoked by the immense ghost energy, I'm afraid that your powers will go out of control."

This was the very first time that Irene had brought out the topic of Lisa's almost awakened power in front of him.

"But your powers will suffer a significant setback if you do not bring Winter along." Lisa argued.

"With Ghost King's strength, even if I were to bring Winter, I would not be a match against him. Can't you see how badly Winter was shaking earlier?" Irene said.

"In that case, all the more I should go in with you." Lisa refused to let Irene be in danger again.

"Didn't you say that Ghost King wasn't causing mass destruction? This means that he most likely wants to negotiate some terms with us. Besides, earlier on Jisooya also said that Ghost King had asked the association members to invite us over. So this means he definitely would not kill me." Irene reassured Lisa. "You are just outside anyway, so if you sense something amiss, you could still rush in to save me."

Lisa looked hesitant. It was clearly obvious that he was against her idea.

"My dearest husband, Winter is my metaphysical tool. My soul is directly connected with it. In other words, it could be considered that Winter is half of my life. As long as you protect Winter, I will be fine." Irene reassured.

Lisa looked at the doll in his arms. He then turned his gaze towards the patch of sky that was densely filled with swirling ghost energy not far from where they stood. Ultimately, he lightly nodded his head. Irene was right. If he were to enter that area, growth of Ephialtes' power within his body would definitely be accelerated. To be precise, the powers within himself had already started surging just by him standing here.

He had yet to discover the method to control his power so he could not afford to hasten his awakening.

"However, I will barge in if I spot any sign of abnormality from Winter." Lisa added.