Chapter 57

Lisa did not head down the stairs. Instead, he carried Winter in his arms and stood at the bend of the second floor for a while. Winter peeked downstairs and turned its head around to send Lisa a faint smile. It then lightly nodded its head.

Jisoo naturally saw Winter's nodding action. Even though his speculation was confirmed, he did not feel elated at all.

"Is there anything else?" Lisa noticed that Jisoo's expression was amiss and could not resist prompting him.

"N-...no." Jisoo shook his head.

Lisa pondered for a while and said, "Since Seulgi's situation has been cleared up, he doesn't need to work overtime anymore. You can tell him later that he can knock off work as usual."

"Let's give it another 2 more days. He currently still has a face full of misfortune." A bitter smile surfaced on Jisoo's face.

Lisa's brows furrowed and lowered his head to take a look downstairs, "The police have yet to catch the culprit?"

"They identified the person that wanted to hurt Seulgi, but they do not have any incriminating proof currently." Jisoo answered.

"Is Mina that useless?" Lisa was surprised.

Jisoo was dumbfounded by Lisa's statement.

Boss, was this implicitly admitting that you had purposely led me to seek for Lead Inspector Mina's assistance?

Lisa paused for a moment and lowered his head to take another look at Seulgi. He then asked, "Will he die of misfortune?"

Jisoo was stunned and only managed to comprehend Lisa's question after some time. Boss was trying to ask him if Seulgi would be killed because of his situation. The corner of Jisoo's lips spasmed upon deciphering Lisa's question but he still answered accordingly, "I don't think so. Since the police are now involved, the perpetrator would consider his actions more carefully. Besides, Seulgi has a tenacious life, he won't die so easily."

After hearing the 4 words 'won't die so easily', Lisa no longer hesitated. He turned around and walked away immediately. With a few steps, he walked past Jisoo and returned to his office with Winter in his arms.

Jisoo turned his head back and only managed to catch the sight of a beaming Winter.

Tears filled Jisoo's eyes. No matter how many times he saw Winter moving and laughing, he still thought that it was very creepy.

On this day, Seulgi did not have any mood to work. He stared blankly into space the entire day in the studio and did not even type a single word in the file that he had opened up on his computer. The others noticed his behavior and wanted to comfort him, but they did not know any appropriate words to use. In the end, all they could do was to pat his shoulders and give him some space while letting him know that their help was just a call away.

When it was about time to end work, Jisoo started to tidy up his belongings and head home. As he was packing up, Seulgi suddenly approached him, wanting to say something but hesitating at the same time.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo asked.

"I want to... visit them." Seulgi said.

It was evidently clear who Seulgi was talking about.

"Do you want me to go along with you?" Jisoo smiled.

"Yes."

"Alright, let's go." Jisoo agreed easily. He initially planned to scout around Seulgi's residential area after work for the ghost that was following Seulgi to confirm if it was Chen Huanling. However, he would be able to find out more if he went to the hospital to see her physically.