Chapter 12

"When I first came in, I already mentioned that I'm here to request for your help. Whether you're willing to help is up to you." Mina replied.

"In that case, you may take your leave." Lisa switched on his computer and was ready to resume his work-his rejection was clearly apparent.

Mina let out a sigh. He realized that his trip here today was probably futile. However, he still refused to give up, "If you are willing to help, I can retrieve all available information on the liver-digging devil from the police headquarters and bring it to you. In the future, I can even supplement your future writing research resources when required."

Even though the majority of Lisa's novel themes revolved around metaphysical elements, the main plotline was still about crimes. Besides, most of his published novels were based on actual cases that had occurred and recorded in the police database. He only changed the names and locations in the novels. Such details were not easily detectable by other readers, but Mina was aware of that fact since he knew that the books Lisa wrote were based on his deduction skills of actual cases and not just the 'Criminal Records' that he wrote many years ago. He was very confident in Lisa's deductive reasoning.

He had monitored Lisa for several years. Most cases that Lisa wrote about were cases that already occurred in the past. Therefore, he reckoned that Lisa must have gathered information about the cases by himself after their closure. He was willing to take the initiative to share the information from the police headquarters with Lisa, so that he didn't need to spend much effort to gather information moving forward.

His conclusion was reasonable. A writer engrossed in writing deductive novels could hardly resist such a tempting offer. However, Lisa was Ephialtes and did not require such resources for information gathering. He only needed to visit the dreams of the involved parties. He wrote novels not as a hobby, but because it could disperse the darkness in his heart. Therefore, he was not at all tempted by Mina's offer.

Mina waited, but Lisa did not even react to him. He realised his efforts were meaningless and turned to leave.

Time flew past quickly and it was soon 5pm in the afternoon.

Jisoo was right. Lisa was not very busy today and he came downstairs at 5pm to prepare to leave the office.

"Boss." When Lisa was on his way down, Yeri held a script and was about to head upstairs and saw him.

"What's the matter?" Lisa came to a stop.

"This is the script that I had amended yesterday night." Yeri went forward to pass the script over.

Lisa took a look at it but did not reach out to receive it.

Yeri trembled subconsciously, and anxiously explained, "I really finished it yesterday night. I wanted to bring it to your table this morning but I ended up encountering that-...that guy. After that incident, I fell asleep. Brother Seul did not have my computer password so I only managed to bring it to you now."

His voice grew softer as he explained. When he had planned to bring the script upstairs earlier on, he did not feel scared. After all, he had a valid reason due to earlier circumstances. No matter how harsh a boss was, he wouldn't demand his employees to prioritize their work even if they were in a life-threatening situation. However, once he was face to face with his own boss, he would unwittingly feel short of breath and did not even dare to raise his voice.

"So, you slept from the morning till now?" Lisa replied.

"Huh?" Yeri was stunned.

"Seems like you slept pretty well." Lisa had been observing Yeri earlier on. Even after experiencing such a harrowing incident, this guy was not even frightened. In fact, his complexion looked better than before. As an editor who often worked overnight, he actually could manage to sleep till his dark circles diminished. This was outrageous.