Chapter 147

As their car exited the expressway, Irene suddenly let out a surprised sound.

"What happened?" Lisa asked.

"There's a spell formation set up at the boundary. This should be the work of the association." She replied.

Lisa glanced at the view outside of the car. The entire scenery was blanketed in white. Even though he was unable to spot any signs of a spell formation, he knew that the spell formation was indispensable to safeguard ordinary civilians in the vicinity from the impact of tonight's battle.

Lisa didn't halt the car but instead drove straight into the spell formation. The moment they entered it, a dense mist emanated from the mountain forests, swiftly enveloping the entire area.

Winter was captivated by the sudden appearance of the dense mist. It pressed itself against the car window and pointed outside while repeatedly shouting "AHH".

"Is Winter entranced by the spell formation?" Ghost Gentleman asked.

"It probably just thinks that it looks fun." The purpose of the spell formation set up by MA was to confuse the senses of ordinary civilians. However, it produced mere mist that wouldn't even hinder ordinary ghosts, let alone Winter.

Ghost Gentleman gave an acknowledging hum as the car continued forward. About 10 minutes later, they were assailed by a dense mass of ghost energies. The 3 of them couldn't help but sit up straighter, their gazes fixed on the scene unfolding before them.

Before them stretched an endless expanse of darkness, as if an abyssal devil had cast its shadow over the mountain of Lishan, extending its formidable tendrils into the surrounding areas.

"AH!" Winter let out a startled cry and swiftly spun around, seeking refuge in Ghost Gentleman's embrace, trembling violently.

"Winter is frightened." Ghost Gentleman was surprised. He had always believed Winter had an intimate connection with ghost energies.

"Ghost King's power is overwhelmingly strong," Irene explained. "Winter understands that it's too much to handle and feels fear instinctively." She then turned around to call out to Winter, "Winter, come here."

Winter heard her calls and lifted up its head, trembling with fear as it peered ahead. Despite its fear, it summoned its courage and slowly crawled over to her through the gap between the front seats.

"Winter is afraid of the things outside right?" Irene hugged Winter, gesturing towards the approaching black mass.

Winter pitifully nodded.

"Winter, don't be afraid. Your father will protect you." She coaxed.

Winter was momentarily stunned before twisting its head to look at Lisa.

Lisa turned its head around and sent Winter a tiny smile. At the same time, he gently patted Winter's head with one hand.

"Therefore, Winter must protect your father too." Irene continued.

By now, the car had been driving for quite some time, and Ghost King's aura was becoming increasingly potent. Winter's small frame shivered, and it leapt into Irene's embrace once again, refusing to come out regardless of coaxing.

Ghost Gentleman's brows furrowed at the sight and he asked, "We need Winter to set up the spell formation if we want to snatch Ghost King's seal. How can we do so now?"

"Winter will be able to do it." Irene replied unwaveringly.

"It's alright even if it can't do it." Lisa suddenly voiced out. "Since the Metaphysical Association has decided to exterminate Ghost King, we need not give Winter to Ghost King anymore. If I were to lose later on, bring Winter away to reincarnate."