Chapter 4

Waking up, Irene was momentarily dazed while looking at the completely unfamiliar room she was in. She shook herself awake quickly before putting on some slippers and left the room.

"Morning."

In the living room, Lisa was still laying out the breakfast he bought on the table; a basket of steamed buns, 2 sets of deep-fried dough sticks and 2 cups of milk. Even without lifting his head, Lisa's sore lips twitched just by hearing Irene's voice.

"Go and freshen up first before breakfast." Lisa continued. Recalling yesterday night's events, he felt vexed.

Irene had been holding her hunger in for a long time. Last night, she even dreamed of eating at home by herself. Now that she smelled breakfast, she immediately wanted to rush over to eat. But she obediently acquiesced and went to wash up first.

Lisa had already placed a new toothbrush and cup in the bathroom. Irene held them in her hand, and her mood brightened at once.

Her master was right. A husband was someone who would definitely love their wife dearly.

Irene's movements were swift. She quickly came out of the bathroom in no time, sat at the dining table and stared at the deep-fried dough sticks on the table.

"Eat." Lisa pushed the deep-fried dough sticks over.

"Thank you." Irene first showed a big bright smile to Lisa, before picking up a deep-fried dough stick and gobbling it up. Looking at the way she was eating, it seemed like she was starved.

At least she had some manners.

Lisa mentally commented while drinking milk.

"Yesterday, you..."

"Huh?" Irene held up the deep-fried dough stick and raised her head while continuing to shove food into her mouth, just like a little hamster.

"Did you dream when you slept last night?" Lisa asked ambiguously.

"Yes, I think so." Irene replied.

"What did you dream of?"

"I think it was about eating something."

"Besides eating, was there anything else?" Imperceptible tension showed on Lisa's face.

"Ummmm... I don't remember very well." Irene tried hard to recall, but she could only remember that she ate something very delicious in her dream last night. Besides that, she did not have any impression of other happenings nor any recollection of what she ate in the dream last night.

In fact, this was not surprising, most people didn't remember their dreams in detail either. They only knew that they had dreamt the night before. But if you were to ask them to recall the contents of their dreams, they wouldn't be able to do it.

"You don't remember?" Lisa was a little disappointed.

"Yup, what's wrong?"

Why did her future husband ask her about her dreams the moment she woke up?

What's wrong? Because Lisa himself slept so soundly last night.

As far back as Lisa could remember, he had never slept peacefully. When his ability went out of control, he would sink into one nightmare after the other. On the days he was in control of his ability, all he could do was prevent himself from entering those nightmares. It was too much of a luxury to think about having peaceful nights of rest. All these years, the dark eyebags under his eyes never faded.

But last night, he slept till dawn for the first time! After waking up in the morning, there were no signs of headache or exhaustion. It could be said that this was the first time in his life that he felt refreshed.