Chapter 32

MUNICIPAL CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DIVISION

Mina became increasingly more alarmed as he read through the information that his subordinates had submitted to him. Every single information matched accurately with the content written by Lisa-from the orphanage's bank account transactions, to the dates of death of the sick children who had died in each year, to the medical reports of the hospital.

Even though there were some slight discrepancies with the mentioned timings, the overall flow of events were almost exactly the same.

"Lead Inspector Mina, there are countless people who donate to Red Heart Orphanage every year. However, only these few transactions were initiated from various overseas accounts. Together with a few colleagues from another team, we tried tracing the details of these accounts. However, we could not locate the origins of these payment transactions." Xiao Li, who was the officer in charge of gathering information, voiced his suspicion. "Plus, if you look at these few areas, it seems that there will always be several hefty sums of money transferred to the orphanage every year. The remitting parties are all different, but we are unable to locate their tracks. Also, the time whereby each transaction occurred was-...."

"...Was after a child living in the orphanage had died?" Mina interjected.

"Yes. I had also verified with the hospital; whenever the hospital declares that the child brought over by Headmaster Hong was no longer curable, he would definitely bring the child back to the orphanage with the excuse that he could not bear for the child to be left alone in the cold, unfeeling hospital." Officer Xiao Li was also a fan of Lisa's novels. To be exact, ever since the liver-digging devil case, every officer in the municipal criminal investigation division became a fan of Lisa's novels to a certain degree. Therefore, when Lisa released a new story this time, Officer Xiao Li also read it.

In addition, after being sent by Lead Inspector Mina to investigate Red Heart Orphanage, he had personally confirmed that the investigation results were extremely similar to the events written in Lisa's novel. Thus, it was difficult for Officer Xiao Li to not relate this orphanage with organ trafficking.

"Lead Inspector Mina, could the things that Master Lili wrote in his novel... be true?" Even though solving cases and arresting criminals were the responsibilities of a police officer, Officer Xiao Li hoped that Lisa's story was just fiction.

"We will know whether it's real or not after investigating." Mina looked at Officer Xiao Li. "Other people can just guess and speculate about the story. However, for us as police officers, we possess the capability to search for the truth. It would be the best if this was just fiction, however if it's not...."

At this moment, Mina's gaze sharpened, "We will never allow that devil to continue getting away with his heinous deeds."

"Understood." Officer Li swept away his perplexed and dejected emotions and put on a determined expression. "I'll go and investigate the formerly abandoned orphanage right now."

"Bring some people from the Tech team along with you." Mina reminded him. "There is a limited time window when it comes to harvesting organs from a human body. Therefore, the operations would definitely be performed within the orphanage. Since the organ traffickers had video evidence to threaten Headmaster Hong, I believe that as long as the headmaster is not an idiot, there would also be incriminating evidence against those organs traffickers in his hands as well. Yang Ming is currently at the orphanage. Bring the Tech team along to meet up with Yang Ming. While Headmaster Hong is still hospitalized and unable to hide the evidence, take the opportunity to scour the entire orphanage and find it."

"Understood." Officer Xiao Li immediately took off after receiving the order. He rushed to the Tech team and brought a few of them along to head down to Red Heart Orphanage.