Chapter 126

On their way back to the city, Irene used her mobile phone to order a feast of food to be delivered to the villa. So when they reached the villa, they were faced with over 10 food delivery boxes of various sizes piled at the entrance. In addition, all the food had already been offered as sacrificial offerings.

"We're finally home." Before the car even rolled to a stop, Sana had leapt off the car in excitement. There was nothing better than returning home after an arduous experience.

Following which, Ghost Gentleman and Irene also got out of the car. The last one that exited was Winter as it had some difficulty climbing out of the car with its short legs while carrying the black cat.

"Be careful." Ghost Gentleman could not help but remind Winter as he watched it shakingly totter towards the car door.

"Let me." Irene spotted Winter's difficulty and walked over to try and take the black cat from Winter's arms.

On their way back home just now, they had detoured to a veterinary hospital to fix the black cat's broken limbs. Now, all of the cat's limbs were wrapped with white bandages, making it look extremely pitiable. Irene was concerned that Winter would accidentally break the cat's limbs in the process.

"AH!" Winter suddenly took a step back to avoid Irene's hands.

Irene was surprised. This was the first time Winter had outright rejected her.

"AHHH!" As Winter's face was currently covered by the black cat's plump figure, she was not able to discern its expression. She could only hear the doll's frantic shouts, as if it was trying to explain something.

"You want to carry Big Tiger yourself?" Irene guessed.

"AHH!" Winter nodded.

"Let me carry Big Tiger down first. After that, you can continue carrying it. Its limbs were just fixed. We need to be careful not to injure it again." Irene said as she reached out with her hands again.

"AHHH!" Winter took another step back to avoid her hands.

"Let Winter carry the cat. It wants to express its gratitude to Big Tiger." Ghost Gentleman stepped in at this moment.

Irene sent him a puzzled look.

Ghost Gentleman smiled as he explained, "I explained to Winter the cause of Big Tiger's injury when we were at the pet hospital earlier. After that, while we were in the car, Winter had laid right next to Big Tiger."

Ghost Gentleman's tone was filled with gratification. His Winter was indeed a doll that understood gratitude. It was truly such a sweet doll.

Irene was slightly surprised. She then looked at the black cat who was curled up in Winter's arms. The cat sensed Irene's gaze and looked at her in return before lazily shifting its line of sight away with its tail curled around Winter's waist. It was clearly apparent that it had agreed with Winter's actions.

"Alright." Irene decided to drop the matter. After all, both parties were willing. If the cat's recently-fixed limbs were to get injured again, the one suffering from the pain would not be her in any case.

Irene did not bother about them anymore and turned around to walk towards the villa's entrance, intending to pick up the food deliveries piled on the ground. Lisa got out of the car and took a look at Winter, which was still struggling to get out of the car. He had overheard the earlier conversation and decided not to intervene either. Instead, he walked over to Irene to help carry the food deliveries.

Winter carried Big Tiger and tottered back to the car door. It lowered its head to look at the ground below before looking back at the black cat in its arms. It let out a few "AHH" as if assuring the black cat that it would not let the cat fall.