Chapter 28

When Lisa and Jisoo rushed over to Village Xi Yan's neighbourhood police station, it was already 1.5 hours later.

Lisa knew that he was disliked by the police so after they entered the police station, he left it to Jisoo to communicate with the police officers.

"Sir, we are the family of Wu Irene, could you tell us what exactly happened?" Jisoo found the officer in charge of the case and asked him.

"Didn't I explain over the phone? She was accused of robbery and voluntarily causing hurt to others." The officer replied.

"Is there some kind of a misunderstanding here? Our lady boss-... no, I mean Irene would never steal from others." Jisoo did not even pause to think before refuting the officer's statement.

How could lady boss steal from others? Not mentioning her ability to earn lots of money by herself, she would not be able to finish the entirety of boss' wealth.

"She was caught red-handed with the stolen things on her. How could it be impossible?" The officer replied coldly. "She's only 18 years old yet she's picking up bad habits at such a young age. She actually impersonated a volunteer to steal from an orphanage."

"No, sir, I think there must be some misunderstanding here. Irene's family background is pretty good. There is no reason for her to steal things...."

"Having a good background does not necessarily mean that her character would naturally be good." The officer rebutted.

"What did she steal?" Lisa, who had not said a single word since he entered, suddenly spoke out.

The officer looked towards Lisa, his brows subconsciously furrowed. He felt uncomfortable ever since this Lisa person entered the police station. Furthermore, it seemed that Lisa was actually the one who was related to Irene. One stole stuff and caused hurt to others while the other did not look like a good person. How should he describe this... it wasn't surprising that they were related?

"Right now, it's not about the issue of stealing things. When Irene was caught in the act of stealing, she even forcefully pushed the eyewitness down the stairs. Currently, the victim is still in the hospital receiving emergency treatment." The officer said.

"Emergency treatment?" Jisoo was shocked. The situation would escalate in a very bad direction if someone really died.

Lisa's expression also sank. "Could we see Irene?"

"No, before the sentence is determined, you can only arrange for a lawyer's meeting." The police replied.

Sentence? Jisoo's hands shook at that thought. Lady boss would actually be convicted.

"She did not steal anything nor did she harm anyone." Lisa replied in a low tone.

The officer had seen many cases of criminals' family members claiming innocence for the criminals. He replied in an irritated manner, "Go and look for a lawyer. If you have anything to say, tell it to your lawyer and the judge. Don't go about shouting it here."

"I want to see Irene." Lisa stated straightforwardly.

"Didn't I already mention it earlier on? You can't meet her." The officer's tone became more aggressive as he turned increasingly vexed.

"I want to see Irene!" The aura surrounding Lisa changed abruptly-the mountainous amount of malice on Lisa's body exploded through the surroundings. The police officer, who was directly facing Lisa, felt his heart go cold. His legs lost their strength and he fell back down on his chair with a loud thud. Cold sweat could be felt on his forehead and palms.

Oh no!

Jisoo felt a sense of apprehension looking at the situation. He hurriedly pulled Lisa away from the officer. "Boss, calm down, calm down. This is the police station. You cannot lose your temper here. If you lose your temper, lady boss will be put at a further disadvantage."