Chapter 70

After the both of them finished shopping for presents, they walked around in the shopping mall for quite some time. They only returned home after having their dinner. It was almost 9pm by the time they reached home. They took turns washing up and only finished up by 10pm.

After washing her hair, Irene discovered that there was no dry towel in the bathroom cabinet. With a head of wet dripping hair, she walked out of the bathroom and called out, "My dearest husband, there are no more dry towels in the bathroom."

Lisa had originally been boiling water in the kitchen but walked out after hearing Irene's voice. He found her rummaging around in the living room like a headless fly and was stunned dumbfounded for a moment. "There are no towels in the living room either."

"Where are they?" Irene asked in response.

"Wait here." Lisa walked to the balcony and took down a sundried towel from the clothes hanger. He then walked up to Irene and opened up the ends of the towel with both hands before enveloping her wet head within. He started to rub her head roughly with it. "You forgot these things at night even though you were the one who personally set them out under the sun to dry in the morning."

Irene did not do many household chores at home but she washed her own clothes. She probably had felt that she had too few pieces of clothes to wash this morning and ended up deciding to wash her towel together.

"Right, I've forgotten about it." Irene continued to let Lisa rub her head. Her eyes were bright and the corners of her lips lifted.

She had just come out of shower so her body still radiated warmth, her small face was flushed and water droplets could be seen throughout her body. Lisa could smell the scent of her shower gel and shampoo wafting in the air around her, making him feel slightly light-headed. His eyes darkened in response and he involuntarily swallowed. He felt that the autumn nights sure were exceptionally warm.

"Go blow your hair." Lisa let go of her head and urged for Irene to leave.

"Okay." She responded obediently, turned around and ran back to the bathroom. The sound of the hair dryer could be heard coming from the bathroom not long after.

Lisa returned to the kitchen and pulled open the refrigerator door to grab a bottle of iced water even though he initially wanted to drink some warm water. He then gulped down half the bottle of iced water in one go. Noticing that Irene had yet to come out of the bathroom, he seized the opportunity and swiftly returned back to his room.

When Irene finished blowing her hair and exited from the bathroom, Lisa was no longer in the living room. After co-living with Lisa for such a long time, she knew that he did not like to be disturbed after returning to his own room. Therefore, she only said "good night" to him through his room door before returning back to her room.

In his own room, Lisa was relieved but slightly disappointed at the same time when he noticed that Irene did not try to enter his room. As an adult male, he naturally knew that his lust was ignited earlier. He also knew that if he were to directly carry Irene into his room at that time, she would most likely not struggle against him either. After all, during the first time they met, this little girl actually agreed to join him in bed.

Irene adored him-that was an undeniable fact. However, her love for him was too pure. There were no signs of lust in her eyes when she looked at him. It was just pure love. If he were a 18 years old young man and had the same kind of pure love feelings like Irene, their relationship would probably start off bashful and innocent. After which, their relationship would naturally progress to the stage of tasting the forbidden fruit. However, he was not such a guy. He was Ephialtes-someone who had witnessed the entirety of the darkness in this world. He preferred to plunder, to dominate and abhorred any sort of resistance.